Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

As long as he can split the packs and get the ball to ground for the smalls he has done his job, any goals are a bonus.

3 Likes

Well, his selection should at least answer the question of whether Hooker’s being wasted up forward.

Hope this game goes well for him, I like the assertiveness he brings, sometimes goes against him I know, but I like him.

4 Likes

I just love the idea of the intimidation that Hooker, Smack and JD together would offer, looking after Raz, Walla and Green, with Belly chiming in occasionally.

I know that is not the combo tomorrow night, but if Smack kicks some goals and Stewart doesn’t, it is the way it could go next week.

But I am getting ahead of myself…

2 Likes

We’ve won every AFL game he has played for us this year.

8 Likes

It helps when it’s the current bottom two teams on the ladder

At least he did his bit to put them there!

3 Likes

Will kick a bag

Still like him. Always have. Shoot me.

15 Likes

Been playing angry in the VFL, those swanettes better watch out.

Mentally-he shouldnt feel too much pressure.

As Reboot said, his position is filling in for Hooksy.

Just go out there n play your heart out Shaun.

And if we make finals and get a key forward injury late in the year- the universe might just repay you!!!

4 Likes

He’s on the rookie list and unlikely to be re-signed unless he does something amazing and consistent for the rest of the year.

Well, then there’s that :thinking:

I remember after the Brisbane game, when the boys were singing the song, McNernan had a sad look on his face that said ‘Well, that was my last game of AFL.’

Turns out it wasn’t Shaun, so go make the most of it.

5 Likes

I still think that somewhere in there is a good AFL player. I hope we find it.

4 Likes

Will kick at least 2 and deliver at least one swan player into the turf

1 Like

Smack in the side to smack. Hopefully Buddy will be the first.

Just has to keep his opponent honest and intent on him. So does Stewart. If both he a and Stewart can kick some early goals then we should be in for a good night.

In any case, I really do feel this game will b won in the midfield and at the stoppages. The Swans will want to keep the contest locked in and close. Having said that, both Joe and Smack should be able to take shots from the center square.

Smack prefers to kick them from the boundary line 50m out.

1 Like

I am interested to know, who would be more mobile? Smack or Hooker?