Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

If we rate draper, then i wouldnt mind delisting McKernan and if Leuy/Bellchambers get injuries then Draper rucks.
If he is also injured then Stewart and Daniher can ruck.

edit: Provided we at least draft/rookie / cat B list another developing ruckman

1 Like

Pffhht, … details details …

My understanding was he was fit for the Bulldogs EF, but held over for the senior side (similar to Brown and one other).

Smacks got 2 good games in him a season. not worth persisting with

1 Like

100% agree.

The Irish Flogs

Nah… 4 secs/km too slow… 2h52m PB which is 4:04m/km… #privately seething #unfinished business…

2 Likes

Is Shaun McKernan AKA “Woody” our Irish stable pony for Conor “Lightyear” McKenna? Considering his name it’s quite possible that Shaun has Irish grandparents with thick accents and he’s one of the few in the team that understands Conor easily, hence the bromance.

If he was in our plans, he would have got a game in the elimination final.

Keep him and we risk having TBC/Luey/Smack all retiring in very quick succession…

We need to use Smack’s list position NOW to search for a longer term ruck option.

If we keep him, we risk him retiring, so we should delist him?

We risk being down to Draper, and no other decent depth.

Edit: To clarify, I’m talking about 2 years from now.

Surely you want your back up ruck to be big enough to compete with other AFL rucks. He’s barely adequate backup as a key forward, and substandard backup as a ruck.

2 Likes

List clogger, rookie a young ruckman and put Draper on main list.

I don’t think that’s a bad thing,

Draper could surprise, he only has to be competitive in a pinch, and he will get experience.

1 Like

Offered another year on rookie list apparently

Keeps on keeping on

Kpf/ruck insurance policy

Too early in their careers to be having any reliance on Draper/Lavender & we have zero strong bodied kpf cover besides Francis whose not proven capable of running out a quarter at AFL level yet.

8 Likes

Was always a chance.

In case of emergency break glass.

8 Likes

Bizarre decision.

2 Likes

Understandable. We need someone to play forward in the VFL, and both Leuy and Belly are never far away from a season ending injury.

8 Likes

SMACK