Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

McKernan played with spirit & heart today. Gives his all. Reckon only a handful could say that.

12 Likes

Unbelievable that it took this long, was clearly our best over the preseason and deserved a place in the starting lineup Round 1. When the hell will the selection panel wake up and reward form. One of the very few bright spots in an otherwise gloomy day for the club

3 Likes

Had a decent crack today and did some good things. In saying that,

Out -McKernan

In - Brown

Is what woosha will do

2 Likes

This bloke plays with heart.

because we have a serious culture issue at the club which is the backbone of all of our problems.

1 Like

How the hell those 2 umpires didnā€™t pay a free to Smack when he was pushed over from the front, Iā€™ll never know.

FMD there was an umpire on both sides of the play, they turned a blind eye, no other way to explain it. Farkers.

Leave Smack in, was good today.

2 Likes

Watch him get dropped.

Would have loved him to have put Lamb on his back after he booted that goal in 4th quarter.

Always been a fav of mine. He has never really been given a chance long term. Really deserves one.

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty predictable what will happen. Heā€™ll play until Daniher comes back in and be omitted regardless how heā€™s played

2 Likes

McKernan was bloodie good today. He earned his spot. Good onya, SMacK.

1 Like

Presumably thatā€™s a ladyā€™s blouse.

Given his form in the preseason, and Daniherā€™s injury concerns during that time and into the season proper, it would have made sense to have played McKernan at the start instead of Joey.

He did well today. And if that Laverde kick in the 4th qtr was kicked with more intent it to himā€¦ then he may well have changed the game in a good way.

6 Likes

Watch him get dropped as soon as he has a quiet game.

he was monstrous in the vfl finals last year, and his face coming off in the defeat in the vfl final, we donā€™t have that in the team at the momentā€¦given a string of 5 games to build confidence, thereā€™s no end to the clunking I think he is capable of. Could have had 4 but had the first game yips with his set shot.

First game in afl in how long?

Iā€™m always happy to see this guy play well. I like him, always have.

I also reckon for a late rookie pick, heā€™s given the club pretty good service, too. Heā€™s always accepted his role and his place, and seemingly has never sulked about it. Instead he just goes back to the VFL and busts his ā– ā– ā–  off.

His only real disappointing period with the club, was ironically the only year he was on the senior list.

While playing him now flys in the face of the ā€˜play the kids and the guys who might be around for the next flagā€™ philosophy that I support, I reckon this serviceable role player has one last job to do for us, and hereā€™s how Iā€™d do it.

We need to now look past Tom Bellchambers, who is the most frustrating player on our list imo. This means, we need to play Sammy Draper. Itā€™s gonna be tough to chuck him in as a solo ruck being as raw as he is, but him getting lost in the forward line while getting 5 mins a quarter in the ruck behind TBell, is no plan either.

So, drop Bellchambers, give Joe all the time he needs to rest, and play McKernan with Draper rucking 50/50.

Itā€™ll be far better for Draperā€™s development to play with somebody who actually gives a sh*t.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve selectively quotedā€¦

Anyway this is a step too far for mine.

I think the first step in the argument would be ā€œWe need to now look past Leuenbergerā€ā€¦which would mean looking to Draper whenever TBC is injured/rested.

That is a more realistic stepping stone for me.

9 Likes

Bellchambers will never be the consistent footballer that we need him to be.

It sucks, but itā€™s also blatantly obvious.

1 Like

Are Geelong still running with Stanley as ruck ?

Perfect time to drop Bellchambers and let Smack/Stewart take turns in ruck duty

edit; played well