Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I don’t see how people can’t see his worth. He’s a depth player. All sides have them. It’s like matt dea. Adequate depth players. I personally think smack could definitely be best 22 but that’s not the arguement, the reality of the situation is he was kept on the list for this exact situation, a key forward got injured and he came in. And he performed well.

Not every fkn single bloke on your list is best 22. I don’t know what’s hard to work out about why he’s on the list

24 Likes

The honest answer is that I’m that all at sea that I thought we were playing sans Bellchambers and Reboot was advocating a no ruck policy. My bad.

PS Lav is a mid.

Is that GIF still around where his neck kept expanding?

And thats where you and others differ. I reckon you want players that will be pushing for your best 22 as depth. young hungry players that want to prove themselves. not someone that knows they should be playing country football and happy they’re getting an afl rookie contract.

1 Like

There’s plenty of them on our list, we just don’t fkn play them

Trouble is, players who are pushing best 22 won’t stay long if they don’t get a game.
You need players who can come in and play a role, but aren’t necessarily good enough to play every week.

1 Like

why should they be approaching 30 never beens?

No reason they should be any particular age.

And for what it’s worth, I reckon McKernan is nuts to be still playing rookie list AFL/VFL. He could earn triple what he earns now playing suburban footy, have less of a training load, be able to go to the pub with his mates, etc etc. Obviously he still has some delusion about making it in the big time. I guess some people just never know when it’s time to let go of a dream.

2 Likes

Thats a bit unfair.

What would mckernan be on now? Roughly

Minimum rookie dollars is around $100k odd, plus senior match bonuses.

Doubt there’s many in country footy on triple that… $15k a game?

I reckon there’s a solid argument for having a dedicated depth ruck. No other spots IMO.
Problem is we already have that in Leuney

Keeping Dea is madness, he’s a run of the mill size and plays a pretty minor role.

1 Like

That’s pretty rough mate.

He should be congratulated for continuing to fight for his dream.

Prefer somebody like Shaun than somebody with a bucketload of talent and no commitment.

10 Likes

I hear you man…

5 Likes

That’s not how I imagined Reboot would look like.

Nice posture.

3 Likes

That’s not his favorite Tutu though …

Base this year and next is $75k, $4k match payment.

Stewart is now getting the number one tall defender and hence his form is suffering. McKernan will only ever get the number two defender but if Hooker played forward he will get the number one defender which frees up Stewart.

Its all about maximising the resources of the current 22.

1 Like

Stewart was asked to cover more ground further afield with Joe out and to make space for Stringer and Smack.

The chemistry that Hooker, Joe and Stewart had is obviously not the same with stringer and Smack and won’t be replaced over a week or two period.

Stewart, Joe and Hooker made an art form of knowing which player was going to drop back to the square and when.

Thread deserves a bump. Been loving his work tonight.

7 Likes