Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

His enthusiasm and emotions are infectious.
From his goal celebrations, to protecting his teammates and making sure to ‘get around’ them, makes us a better team.
Just what the club needed after a dismal 8 rounds.

7 Likes

Top 7 is getting carried away.
If he continues the same form for 2 or 3 more weeks then he’ll be starting to make the best 22 discussions awkward.

And you know, he could have kicked 8 goals, too…

2 Likes

If he keeps kicking goals, someone else will hire him.

He gave away far less free kicks in the ruck this round, which was always going to be the acid test for McNurnan. So this round was a pleasant surprise, as he only gave away a single free in the ruck. One sizeable advantage he has over JD at the moment and for the forseeable future is his set shot kicking for goal.

just realised he’s corey’s brother who was always a bit of a warrior

glad to see smack has also got that competitiveness

2 Likes

Well given geelong rucked Dangerfield against him you’d farking hope so.

3 Likes

i think its more accurate to say danger was a passenger on the smack express.

1 Like

Yeah, what the hell was going on there!? Crazy stuff

Sounds like most of the world, especially if you add to the input: testosterone.

1 Like

Balanced against that, the maggots obviously had instructions this round to not whack us as much as usual. I would not be confident that they would not pull frees out of their arses to award against him in future ruck contests. In fact, I would bet they will.

AT… you must have a seriously massive supply of tin foil. You’ve very consistent on this umpiring stuff

4 Likes

Yep - and consistently correct.

John Coleman was not only one of the best players in the history of the game, and not only one of the first offical Legends of the game, and not only named as the #2 Champion of Essendon, and not only a brilliant coach who took us to two flags in the short time he had as coach, but was also universally loved and respected as a gentleman, which was a term used back in those days.

He said way back then that the maggots were corrupt - and he certainly had very strong evidence of which any EFC fan should have deep knowledge.

Nowadays, the game is run by the most corrupt organisation in the country. Do you really think that Gill would instruct them to include the bits he doesn’t need?

If a robust scepticism of the maggots was good enough for John Coleman, it is good enough for me.

9 Likes

Not only did Coleman have a robust skepticism, he wouldn’t let the bastards drink in any of his pubs, he just moved them on.

8 Likes

Ruck free kicks are the ones that stand out the most to me when i wear my tin foil hat for 3 reasons.

1. Half the time a ruck free kick is paid, the ball quickly slingshots away, no time for a replay.

2. Ruckmans jobs are to jump into each other and tustle. Easy to pick out a free one time, and not another.

3. Huge momentum turn, from a 50/50 to creating an opportunity when your opponent isn’t 100 percent ready to defend.

In saying that SMACK does some obvious ones.

It’s ridiculous when a bounce that ends in one ruckman’s favour often also ends in a free kick against that ruckman for “blocking”.

11 Likes

The sole purpose of ruck frees is to allow the AFL the ability to influence the game. If we got rid of them entirely the net effect would be even and nobody would get hurt.

3 Likes

Shaun McKernan giving away ruck free kicks = Illuminati confirmed.

5 Likes

Agree. The ball is coming towards ruckman A, who stands ready to jump and tap it. Ruckman B charges in from the other side of the circle. Ruckman A stands his ground and braces himself to be hit and Ruckman B hits him.

Whistle blows. Ruckman B gets a free because Ruckman A “blocked” him.

Bullshit.

8 Likes

Onya Smack.

15 Likes