Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Smack and Joe are both waaaaaay better than Stewart as the backup ruck.

1 Like

I think smack is clearly better than JD as a ruckman too

Yeah, but Joe (when fit) still gives us a good spark, even though heā€™s not that good as a ruckman.
Stewartā€™s a dead loss in there IMO.

1 Like

To me he doesnā€™t have it between the ears.

Half of Smackā€™s game is above his shoulders - both figuratively and literally.

3 Likes

Been a lot of those in all footy codes - donā€™t think heā€™s Robinson Crusoe. He at least competes and is very determined so if heā€™s all we got then hopefully he kicks a bag and we beat the Tiges.

1 Like

He certainly has a lot of it between his shoulders and jaw, though!

3 Likes

I reckon it would be a tight race between him and JoeD.

Neither are particularly smart footballers.

1 Like

I love Joe, but I reckon he has McKernan covered in the unintelligent footballer stakes.

I lost count of the number of times he has run on an enormous arc and straight into opposition trouble.

3 Likes

Its the brain-fade free kicks that drive me crazy. Itā€™s like they donā€™t even try to avoid giving them away.

Iā€™ve played with blokes that have that attitude, but normally it is because they want to hurt the opposition.

2 Likes

Only if he was a little bit shorter wold make a good mid.

If he only plays ONE more freaky,3-4 goal game again, make it this week.

Come on Shaun,put your neck in to it.

4 Likes

Completely agree there. In fact you can pretty much predict the game heā€™ll have based solely on his first possession.

The past two weeks summed him up to a tee.
Strong lead and mark against the cats, had a cracking game.
Ruck duel leading to a free kick against, GWS, quiet game.

Heā€™s a pure confidence player.

The positive last week was something I havenā€™t seen from him before was he fought back and had a good last quarter despite having an average game. In the past his whole game would have been shot.

2 Likes

i th ought smackā€™s ground work in the ruck was pretty good, his rucking has definitely improved since last year

GWS dropped Shaw back as a spare man in the second to nullify our quick transition so we changed our forward setup to counter that move.

2 Likes

Farkn Lol.

Have you ever seen anyone open his gob wider than that? It was bigger than the laughing clownsā€™ at the Show.

4 Likes

And how stretched out was his neck.

1 Like

McKernan made progress this week in that despite struggling for most of the game he was still able to make a contribution when required - In the past if he struggled to get into a game he would go from bad to worse.

3 Likes

The funniest thing about him is every goal he celebrates like heā€™s saved his career and itā€™s finally ā€œclickedā€ and heā€™s going to go on with it but then he kinda sorta does but doesnā€™t and then rinse and repeat.