Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I’d rather play one less tall.

Yep agree.

A few lost cloggers that need to go now. Play all the kids

I’d play him ahead of Stewart right now, though he’s following a familiar trajectory to past years.

1 Like

Did a few good things tonight, like marking and tackling but did some bad things too.

How can he compete fairly, with diver Rance?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Rance will in fact not be embarrassed.

9 Likes

Should give the prick a week for it.

It’s a blight on the game and it’s the only way to stop it.

4 Likes

Absolutely!
This kind of thing is one of the worst aspects of the game, coupled with ridiculous rules that are impossible to adhere to or adjudicate on the fly, because they are ‘interpretable’.

2 Likes

Worst free kick of the year? It wasn’t even the worst free kick last night.

8 Likes

They wont tho because he’s Rance.

Any chance he’ll retain his spot with Daniher back or are we too tall already?

It’ll be tough to fit three talls if you include Stewart, but surely he can’t be dropped based on current form. Suppose it worked with hooker last year

Smack more likely to get a week for a dangerous push in order to protect one of AFL’s golden childs.

2 Likes

Yikes; the thought of Joe, McKernan and Stewart in the one forwardline scares me, they’d probably run into each other

1 Like

All fly for the same ball,ball spills out the back and the opposistion run it out of defence for a coast-to-coast goal.

AFL should show some balls and fine him. Also should come out and say the Hurley free was a mistake.

2 Likes

Smack steps over a player on the mark albeit sprawled after mark/free kick, gets tackled by opposition who was 1½ paces away - holding the ball.
Wouldn’t Smack have the right to expect opposition players would be leaving the area or more than 10 metres away?
Instead of “play on” what about “50 metres”?

This happened to Hooker also at the Adelaide game after a mark. Betts was less than 2 metres away and making no attempt to leave the “protected” area when he grabbed Hooker trying to hand pass. Holding the ball!
AND Hooker hadn’t moved his feet.

I’m confused.

Yep that was weird, especially as the umps have been red hot on players staying out of the protected zone all year

I though it was because he didn’t go back over the mark just ran forward which is an instant play on?

Shouldn’t matter. He had stopped before he chose to play on, so the opposition team (bar the one on the mark) had to clear out.

That said, if you’re relying on the ump you’re an idiot.

2 Likes