Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I think his game was a little overrated. He was good but can’t believe people are putting him in the votes.

Kicked 4 straight. Some out of his …

Also had 6 clangers. Terrible field kicking and decision making.

Many have already said it but damn he is a strange footballer.

3 Likes

I think we all know that he has these sorts of games in him occasionally. He is a Jarrad Waite style X-factor KPF, he just needs to remove his really bad games. He seems to have high expectations of himself to dominate the game and when things don’t go his way he gets frustrated, competitiveness has never been his issue. If we could get him to focus on playing the Hooker role - competing, providing the deep option, bringing the ball to ground, flying the flag, tackling etc - then he could easily play another 100 games for us.

He seems to jive well with Stringer, would love to see how he plays with Daniher I reckon they’d compliment each other pretty well.

1 Like

Has become more competitive which makes him more unpredictable and harder to match up on. Also not giving away a string of free kicks in the ruck each week.

If he can replicate another few games like this, he would get my vote for most improved player on our list for 2018.

Lord Smack

Smacklemore
Get behind it

1 Like

He’s our Cam Pederson.

EAD Roos. Now we just need him to payback the Dees too.

My collection of deja vues contains pictures of me pulling my hair out after Roger Merrett had done something really brain-fade with the footy. I have lots of these mental images from his early career, before he suddenly got his confidence in the '84 finals series.
After that time it was like he was a different player, and he became a great one. Well, these things happen.

6 Likes

Loves a big crowd!

1 Like

At the end of his career, he is gonna have a pretty decent highlights reel that will give the impression that he was a star of the game.

15 Likes

Despite being 27 he has only played more than 10 games in a year once and that was a long time ago at Adelaide.

Maybe, just maybe he needs an extended run at it :stuck_out_tongue:

7 games this year so far. Come on Smack get to 10.

I think he could have played a lot more football at his time with us. The stars have aligned, with no Daniher and Hooker back he certainly has a wonderful opportunity to play the rest of the year and see what he can do. I love watching him. His confidence is building.

People make too much of these brain fades. Every player has those moments. Difference is people look for his so that they can highlight them on Blitz. Let’s focus on the good things he does and the fact that we have won 5 from 6 since he started playing.

3 Likes

This post is too good.

Had moments yesterday where the processor must have been going through a install updates/virus scan/shutdown/move the mouse and it shows 20 seconds later on the screen

1 Like

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

4 Likes

Smacklord?

He’s alright, he is sh*te, he’s alright,

He moves in mysterious ways.

2 Likes

Mother Superior

For the trainspotting fans.

1 Like

He is an enigma.

But just maybe, the stars are aligning, he is maturing and may deliver on his talent. 28 years old and starting to come into KPP prime.

Imagine if he does. That statue of Dodoro will have to be erected early. Rookie list, main list, back to the rookie list all after being delisted from the crows. Credit to the list and coaching group.

Having said that it is McKernan, he is just as likely to stink it up for the next month.

Pretty much always creates a contest. Played like his brother yesterday.

1 Like

This comment brings me to my question. What do we do with all these talls we have?

Yes I know some are forwards and some are defenders but we have lots banging on the door to get into the team, that its almost a given that at least 1 or 2 will ask for a trade for more opportunities.

So do we trade Smack now that hes playing like this and has currency? Will we even have a say, cause he aint contracted beyond this year and may leave… Carlton would love to have him and hed play regularly.

Or do we trade one of our guns to get something more than a 2nd rd pick in return?

We are very blessed to have the below players but I dont see how we can keep them all happy:
Joe D
Smack
Stewart
Frances
Riddley
Ambrose
Brown
Redman
Hooker
Hurley
Hartley