Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Pretty sure North are considering $4mill over 4 years after yesterday.

14 Likes

Love the goal celebrations when he gets fkg pumped

I’d rather we pay his contract while he’s playing for us.

There’s no doubting Shaun has his brilliant days but what some people are forgetting … when it looks like he’s not playing well (need to factor in how the opposition set up defensively, the quality of their fullback, what role coaches want him to play on the day and the quality of ball coming into F50) he still provides a contest, takes strong grabs and busts packs. Is best 22 for mine

14 Likes

Lloydy on Access All Areas reckons he’s a best 22 lock now & if he gets dropped to VFL should leave!

And that there would be clubs crying out for that fwd/ruck spot like Richmond, Hawks etc

The JD, Smack, Stringer trio is fkn exciting especially with our quality smalls as well.

And allows Hooker to stay back

1 Like

Lol.

1 Like

He’s done a fantastic job for us without Daniher, and if he left Carlton would cream themselves to have a semi decent target. Only question is can be form a team with Daniher?

reminds me of setanta ohalpin. capable of brilliance, but capable of looking like hes never played the game before, which in setantas case is actually true

22 Likes

Gone to a new level this year, but easy to forget he played some decent senior footy last year off very limited opportunities, and that was mostly playing as solo ruck. Should’ve been picked for the Sydney final too arguably

3 Likes

Not at all a good comparison.

Unless McNernan kicks the crap out of a Cloke, then I’ll take it.

I know you aren’t a fan of Smack

But none of JD, Stewart or Brown provide that strong bodied contest against the big boys that Hooker excelled at and Smack has been doing with some success.

4 Likes

I like what McKernan is doing. My laugh was at people honestly believing we still see Hooker as a forward.

3 Likes

Never want to see Hooker forward again

1 Like

Corey McKernan was capable of even more massive fluctuations in form…at his best in 1996-97, was just about the best player in the game - but ineligible for both Rising Star and Brownlow due to silly indiscretions. Not sure he would have got Rising Star - if it was 1993, they were a dozen absolute superstars that year including Buckley, Hird, Richo, Fletch, Spider and many others.

But also I remember a night game against ■■■■ Carlton when he was miles worse than Smack has ever been. Balls bouncing off his bonce…everything.

But I think he had a genuine allergy to Denis Pagan.

1 Like

Was woeful at Kangas at the end, then went to Carlton and won the B&F.
Pagan went to the Blues and he was woeful again.

1 Like

He was playing on Majak Daw for most of the game, just for some context

I thought the same yesterday as well, i remember Merrett in the early days and he was one of Sheeds project players and he turned out great

I had to explain to two Bomber fans that he was Corey’s brother, yesterday.