Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

That list isn’t a list of KPPs. There are 3 different kinds of players there, and that makes a big difference.

6 Likes

I agree with @SofStar99 - keeping all the talls will be an issue. Hartley, Stewart and Brown would have the least currency. Also Zerk-T should be on the list.

Hard to see Carlton not preferring McKernan to Casboult as a partner for Curnow.

I agree with Deckham, that list isn’t a list of KPPs. Or “talls” for that matter.

And to be honest looking at that list we shouldn’t have trouble keeping the players we need to.

Trade Stewart?

No. You need quality depth.

He might get spot back anyway if Stringers midfield transition works as they hope also.

1 Like

snaps at goal like someone half his size

What do we do at the end of the year with the talls? On form, Smack must be upgraded (though he has another 8 weeks to disprove us), but who for? Brown has had a better year as a forward than Stewart, and you wonder how Laverde fits in the team. Youth is on the side of those two, but I reckon at least one will leave.

I don’t mind the idea of a JD/Smack/Stringer forward line.

1 Like

If he keeps this form up.he’ll definitely have offers. We should offer him a contract. Ideally you offer him one year but we may need to offer two. I’d be prepared to do it. Worst case scenario he provides depth. You won’t find.a better 3rd choice ruck or someone who can also play as a keybposition forward.

Allows time.for draper to continue to develop.

2 Likes

Rookie list these days means nothing, we can pay him what ever we agree to and he can play without needing to upgrade him.

I can see him moving to another club, he seems to love playing with Jakey Stringer and the other boys in the forwardline, bleeds red and black, one of us

1 Like

WHY?

10 Likes

Because Shaun McKernan, that’s why.

5 Likes

He IS playing good and YOU ALL LIKE IT

Fkg love the bloke and his passion and efforts

16 Likes

The marks, the goals, the screaming. Love it.

We need all the talls for if JD never comes back.

Seems like BLITZ is hooked on SMACK.

This can be dangerous.

1 Like

I reckon we all love a player who proves us wrong.

Remember Damian Peverill, many could not see why he was on any list. And he played some shockers early on, but Sheeds persisted and no doubt he is a man who made the best of his talent with hard work and dogged determination.

Not saying that Smack shows these same attributes all the time, but when he is on, very hard to beat. Reckon Daniher will replace Brown in current team, though he is also playing much better than I gave him credit for.

1 Like

I reckon Pev was at his best in his early years as a tagger. His kicking was low and direct.

Then he went into the midfield and his kicking became lamentable.

Should have played out his career as a tagger.

3 Likes

With Smack, it’s all in the head (hehe)
He lacks confidence, and so he was trying to do the right thing, fitting in with the team and being a ‘team player’. He had already had a good game till that point, and he confused himself.

You need to have a talk with the coaches about overrating Smack as it seems they included him in their votes too, putting him on a par with Heppell and Higgins:

AFLCA votes: Rd 15

Orazio Fantasia has swept the AFLCA coaches votes for Essendon’s 17-point victory over North Melbourne.

Fantasia was outstanding in the exciting game, booting four goals – including a Coates Hire Goal of the Year contender you can vote for below – 17 disposals at 88.2 per cent efficiency and two goal assists.

Zach Merrett also polled well after a stellar performance in which he gathered 32 disposals (at 87.5 per cent efficiency) and had 16 contested possessions, 12 clearances, seven tackles, a goal and two goal assists.

Four more votes for inspirational skipper Dyson Heppell has brought his 2018 total to 36, currently standing in 18th place in the league, while Shaun McKernan also received four votes.

ESSENDON v NORTH MELBOURNE
10 Orazio Fantasia (ESS)
8 Zach Merrett (ESS)
4 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
4 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
4 Shaun McKernan (ESS)

1 Like

I think it was the right play, just poorly executed. He needed to kick a low quick pass that forced our player (Stringer?) to move toward him. Instead his kick was a bit of a high floater that allowed the Nth player time to close and spoil.

If he had blazed at goal (and missed) he would have been criticised for being selfish.

1 Like