Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I don’t. There was no one in a no brainer pass position. He’s a key forward, he is paid to kick those. Take another couple steps and nail it.

But given his input to the win I can forgive him! :grinning:

3 Likes

The week before he took the shot at missed and got criticized for it… The bloke cant win unless he kicks the goal or hits the target. Then its the right decision lol

Lloyd reckons Richmond would have a sniff they could used some one like Smack to chop out Nankervis

I may be getting old and forgetful (true) but has there ever been another player of recent times at the club with Smack’s gift mix?

Very mobile
Excellent mark
Terrific low pass
Powerful
Highly accurate
Play multiple positions (one of which very few can touch)
Spectacular
Inconsistent

Surely when on song, he is as important as Zerrett or Raz!

Kepler Bradley

2 Likes

Hardingham!!

3 Likes

I noticed that and was a little surprised but coaches know better than the armchair experts.

I did say “I think” NOT “the coaches think”.

So my opinion is still the same.

Get behind the big guy!

1 Like

Give him a two year contract now

I had him going at years end, but not now, we have enough talls to trade one for a pick or player we like.

Dry July sounds like a good idea actually, … I’ll start after the World Cup. … :smirk:

1 Like

Darli donated to Shuan’s effort.
Much easier than doing it ourselves!

3 Likes

And then he went straight back to Norf to finish off his career without Pagan breathing down his neck. He finished a bit early, too, because of injury.

Our Shaun, the brother, is 17 years younger than Corey. Do they have the same mother ? I suppose they start early and have big families in Westmeadows.

Nah, he had heaps of clear air. Take the shot.

The problem is it’s all or nothing with him. Brilliant or abysmal.
If he could maintain some consistency he would be almost impossible to match up on.

Would have been a pretty likely chance to split the middle, too.

Most certainly should have had a shot.

1 Like

McKernan has a lot of fans all of a sudden on the Farcebook pages. To be fair most of those people reckon Joe should be traded now. Ugh. Seems the average fan is about as clever as the average voter. In saying all of that I can see something in him. He really could become the second tall/ruck chop out. Yeah, I’ll admit it, I love an underdog beating expectations. He’s a bit more than that though. He made a couple of errors by being too unselfish last game. That’s knowing his his own game a bit and feeling part of it all. Needs to live it now and keep his head down and keep working his backside off.

He has ridiculously good hands at times

I think the umpiring at throw ins and ball ups around the ground has changed a bit and they are allowing a bit more wrestling )usually) without paying a free. A number of times I have thought uh-oh for him, but no free has been paid. This in turn gives him confidence to crack in and not have the wind taken out of his sails.

Blurst of times! Damn monkeys

3 Likes

His other two kicks were way more difficult and he didn’t even hesitate, this was the easiest kick at goal he’d had all night that’s why it was so odd