Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

He didn’t cost us the game or anything but wtf was with that last 10 mins of 3rd qrt. The miss from 20 out and then the supreme confusion at the end of the 3rd slaughtered out momentum.
If he can find away to eliminate 2 of his crazy f_ckups a week he would be amazing.

1 Like

He’s been doing alright, but god the brain fades are excruciating. Like kicking to the two Collingwood players in the last…

3 Likes

He’s raised his stocks in the past few games. Can we get something for him or Stewart in the trade period?

Smack can be breathtakingly brilliant and yet excruciatingly dumb (sorry, couldn’t come up with an alliteration). Perhaps we just have to hope the brilliant outweighs the dumb. Today it did - but ■■■■ he could have nearly won us the game. Easy to complain but he did his best and it was a good game .

4 Likes

In close games, poor decisions are amplified and that is exactly what happened with McKernan today.

Missed some VERY easy shots for goal as well.

For every 2 good things that he does, he’ll have a howler and it hurts.

He wasn’t the reason we lost today.

He has been handed a ■■■■■ sandwich with Joe getting groin cancer and Stewart getting so pummeled earlier in the season that he lost all confidence in his game and was dropped.

Doing about as much as you could expect for a player of his caliber.

I’ve never loved and hated a player so much.

his good is elite, his bad is delistworthy

5 Likes

He has footy bi-polar,literally.

Makes me appreciate M Brown, who just gives an honest contest and gets his 2-3 goals.

2 Likes

I’m not sure he’s third quarter was much different to what Joe dishes up regularly. In good games.

Can’t deny the big momentum shift after the easy miss, though.

He’s good for the team. Things happen around him.

He needs to be told one thing: if you have the ball anywhere on or inside 50, have a shot and kick it as hard as you can.

He’ll miss a lot, but gee his attempts to “do the team thing” are hopeless. For Shaun, the team thing is to have the shot every time.

9 Likes

Worked hard, played well.

I said to a mate in the 3rd “we need Smack to catch fire and kick 4 in the quarter”. He threatened to. Kicked 2, missed a sofa from 30m out dead in front and I don’t know what he was doing late on when he marked in the pocket and took too long to kick the ball. He could’ve been the hero again and got us over the line, but just didn’t nail those moments. In the wet he did play pretty well. Sign the man up for 2019!!!

2 Likes

Effulgent

1 Like

That word when he’s good and when he’s bad its effluent.

Nice word btw.

True, that - good point.

Kudos to Smack and Brown. Did any of us really think they would stand up as well as they have?

No superstars but doing there bit

18 Likes

We are better when he plays, plays with heart and passion that we missed the first 8 weeks. Look forward to what he has to deliver now he has some belief for the rest of the year

1 Like

Does anyone know what he was doing just before half time with the set shot?

1 Like

I think he was concentrating on kicking the goal.

IIRC, didn’t he get the ball with less than 30 seconds on the clock?

If so, how the fark could the maggot legitimately have called play on?

First player in history to be called play on in under 30 seconds when actually having a shot.

Yet others intend to have a shot from 65, when they’re clearly not, get all the time in the world.

1 Like