Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

If he wants 350k he can get it somewhere else thanks.
Way overs.

3 Likes

At his career point, probably the money.

1 Like

Yeah, thought that after I posted. Probably the $250-$300 range

350k lol

Yeah, I think so too

Yeah agree. With Lobb hating doing ruck work I wonder if GWS would be interested?
I realistically think $200-250k is the absolute max we should be offering him

Yep. Iā€™ve got him in the 180 - 240k range.

2 Likes

Anyone thinking weā€™d get a second rounder for Smack are dreaming. Heā€™s played a good two months in ten years, is pretty old, and is a rookie. And can you honestly see the club standing in his way after 3 years of service on minimum chips?

Stewart cost us #78. Jenkins got us a third round pick upgrade. Smack would have little value.

1 Like

Heā€™s basically best 22 fwd/ruck pumping out numbers equivalent to Jenkins who is on $800k

$300k/yr is what he should be on easily. Average salary of AFL players is that IIRC

9 Likes

From what he displayed this year heā€™s very important to us in 2019 with joey back and the likely rule changes favouring forwards of his type. Our realistic finals hopes went down when he did, weā€™ve missed a strong kpp type of late. Easily worth the average wage for 2 years

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe people are seriously arguing about his contract value, while having absolutely no idea what heā€™s been offered and how it differs to what he wants.

Some are arguing over sub 100k contracts, some 500k plus and of course many just assume that whatever heā€™s been offered is an insult regardless of what it is, because they like to crap on the club for any decision at any available opportunity

4 Likes

I think he should be offered donuts.

Not nothing.
I think he should be offered a reasonable contract, but with literal donuts as a sweetener.*
Iā€™d sign.

*dyswidt?

What sort of donuts? Jam,cinnamon or iced?

2 Likes

You cant be serious wanting to rely on Brown

Caramel custard.

1 Like

Pfftā€¦icedā€¦with jam.

He is more consistent the McKernan

Heā€™s done it for all of 30 seconds.
And his history says he will not keep it up.
Do it consistently next year and he can have a better contract.
This time all heā€™s done is earn himself a reprieve from delisting.

1 Like

You really donā€™t like the bloke, do you? You keep referencing the past but on the evidence of this year the penny has dropped and heā€™s finally delivering on his potential

Heā€™s just hoping we arenā€™t out laying big bucks to keep McKernan so we have more cash to splash at Shiel Gaff and Setterfield.