Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Sorry perce. No evidence. It was purely a guess. I was trying to say something nice about him.

2 Likes

I think we can all agree Dunstall dresses and undresses him.

1 Like

McKernan has had the talent all along. Heā€™s never been able to put it together for more than a half to date. Thatā€™s what changed this year, he did for a few weeks in a row.

1 Like

He slaughtered it this year

THIS HAS NOT BEEN BUMPED DUE TO AN INJURY.

That out of the way, I really like this quote from the club websiteā€¦

But heā€™s hungry to take his game to another level this season, targeting improved defensive pressure as his mission.

ā€œItā€™s (defensive pressure) still something Iā€™m continuing to work on,ā€ he said.

ā€œBringing (defence coach) Ben Rutten in has been terrific from a defensive point of view. Iā€™ve been working with him very closely, and heā€™s been good at pulling edits out of training and showing me where I can improve.

ā€œItā€™s a continual thing, but if you want to play in this team, you have to be able to put pressure on.ā€

11 Likes

Unless he had a rather unsuccessful marriage the information I was given that he was married last off season in Bali seems a little off the mark considering this article says he just returned from skiing with his girlfriend in Canada.

Hmmm may have to check my sources a bit more.

But great to hear from him that he has a lot more confidence which is what a few of us at a training have observed

1 Like

Onya Smack

Going to dominate this year!

As most (who pay attention) would know, Iā€™m a huge McKernan fan. We know what the bloke brings to the team. Those who suggest he lacked consistency last year forget his impact on contests when he wasnā€™t getting a lot of the ball + he had the best defender go to him most weeks, i.e. he was always putting in, and making a positive difference on most occasions. I expect essentially the same McKernan this year, but with more productivity.

5 Likes

Full forward. JoeDan to CHF. Excellent.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what you want to hear about this team.

1 Like

Has anyone superimposed Chewbacca onto this picture of Smack?

6 Likes

This is great news.

This should put Smack in the headspace of not giving away silly ruck free kicks, given this is the opposite of what Rutten is trying to achieve.

Big kudos to McKernan for his efforts over the last 12 months plus.

Last pre-season and especially with the JLT he was in form and banging at the door to be picked for the start of the season. But was overlooked and had to wait until round 8. When he got his chance he showed he could be a dangerous player for us.

This pre-season heā€™s stepped it up even more, and is making a massive case to be picked for round 1.
Could be that smokie for us that is going to catch the opposition unaware as they focus on the other higher profile forwards. His attack at the footy and the player (including our own) is going add a massive hardness to our side and hurt the opposition physically and mentally. Could cause big headaches for the opposition, especially if he works in well with Daniher and the other forwards.

13 Likes

He brings something that Daniher, Stewart and Brown donā€™t, thuggishness

13 Likes

in 2019 best we call it toughness/hardness

thuggishness will get you 3-4 weeks

5 Likes

How about shin boner?

1 Like

You get a shin boner?
Weird

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more, I think he will be a huge X factor for us

What can I say, Iā€™m a leg guy

2 Likes

Daniher and Smack in the same side, the second tall defender is getting a spanking. Either getting out bodied by Smack or being jumped all over by Daniher.
Very similar to 2017 but I think Smack will be more reliable than Hooker in front of goal.

4 Likes