Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

HORSE

2 Likes

Indeed.

16 Likes

Aaaaand The New Coleman wins that little post run by a neck.

3 Likes

You got it wrong way around.

images%20(1)

3 Likes

So, according to Worsfold today McKernan wasnā€™t going to play if Joe played. Gee, given his form last year + strong preseason, selection seemed a formality!? I realise heā€™s had a career of inconsistency but heā€™d turned that corner last yearā€¦ anyway, the bloke keeps on keeping on, which is a good thing. Hope he tears it up on Sunday with 5 big ones!

6 Likes

Is anyone really that surprised?
The guy has had one purple patch of about a month of consistent footy in 10 years, coming off a massive injury and still people on here are talking him up like heā€™s Salmon MK2.
I had the guy at full forward in my pre-season best 22 but not shocked in the least that the coaching staff thought otherwise.

7 Likes

All that statement from Worsfold tells us is that Joe was going to play FF. The Brown or McKernan thing pretty much boils down to do we need a FF or a CHF. They are quite different players, and not really in direct competition I wouldnā€™t think.

7 Likes

And considering JD would have had to play FF given he was underdone/unfit (see Lynch last night) Smack would have missed as Brown better CHF

If JD was fully fit CHF is his best spot and Smack is better FF than Brown

Iā€™m rapt Smack is in, and more importantly our fwd 6 is the cohesive group that served us well when up and going last year.

8 Likes

I agree with this.

Plus, I think there is plenty of reason for optimism that it may be even more improved this year.

I think Fanta / Walla / Stringer / McKernan are all very good one on one talented players. All of those guys could have a better 2019 than 2018. Baguley plays an important high energy team focused role. Brown brings extraordinary effort by covering heaps of ground, and is a very good set shot.

There is a really nice balance to that forward line.

Iā€™m sure it would be better with a fit and firing JoeD. But it should still look pretty damn good.

4 Likes

Will kick 4. Bookmark it

1 Like

That would be nice.

I will.

1 Like

While i agree that if Joey was fit at CHF then Smack would be in at FF and Brown would miss out, Itā€™s only some people on Blitz that actually want Joe playing at CHF. Woosha as stated a heap of times that in his ideal lineup Joe is parked at FF in the goal square, so i think even when heā€™s at full fitness heā€™ll be at FF.

Iā€™m still undecided on whether i think heā€™s better at FF or CHF. I do like it when he runs up the field.

In a Qtr & then be unsighted for the other 3.

He does have form in that regard

2 Likes

6 Likes

FIXED

38 Likes

JDā€™s All Australian year had Hooker at FF and him out at CHF.

Opposition canā€™t block his run as much, doesnā€™t have to wrestle in contests as much, can kick bombs from 70 and finger twirl.

5 Likes

Yeah i definitely like him kicking from there! Canā€™t wait to see him start doing it again.

Smack is the sort of forward that opposition supporters will assume is a spud and then be horrified when he takes a good strong mark and kicks a goal. He has a big physical presence and defenders will be wary of him landing on them or running through them. I love how he gets fired up too, and Iā€™m glad heā€™s going to get a decent chance (at least a month) to stake his claim.

Iā€™m surprised his goal kicking stats arenā€™t better. Heā€™s got a nice set shot kicking action, he can kick a straight one, heā€™s got plenty of distance, Iā€™ve seen him snap goals from the boundary and kick bananas, etc.

Seems to have all of the tricks and I donā€™t seem to recall many shockers.

2 Likes

If he plays angry we will win.

Iā€™ve just sent him a tweet:

ā€œHey Smack. Youā€™re a jerkfaceā€.

Thank me on Sunday boys.

4 Likes