Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Should never play this guy round 1.

He should have to dominate VFL for a month, be overlooked a few times, and then given another ‘this is your last chance’ game.

It’s the only way it works.

2 Likes

Should never be played again.

Draper in and Belly has to play forward more than he is.

If Draper comes in… Not sure it’s for McKernan.

1 Like

He was ■■■■ but in faireess franklin would have struggled in that forward line today

There’s a reason he’s at Essendon … fits right in

Easy target. Our fkn pathetic mids are to blame

6 Likes

That’s one of the most insipid performances I’ve seen from a player.

Sadly, he’s played worse games than that.

Thought he rucked ok in the second half.

Shaun “Butter Fingers” McKernan.

Did the ball actually get kicked to the forwards advantage or spend much time up forward. You should be having ago at Fantasia, Tippa, Stringer and all the others who played forward

2 Likes

Was bad, we have bigger issues to deal with though.

Daniher’s injury gives him a reprieve

50 inside 50’s and didn’t see him make one worthy lead.
Got to go back to a small forward line.

How can he not have one disposal in first half?
Still a big gap between his best and worst.

Gave away a few stupid free kicks (which he always does) but could have been more. Always grabs the opponents jumper in a ruck contest (obviously not centre bounce contests)

Hung out to dry yesterday by fumbling mids, pathetic entry into F50 and just our genuine crapness.

Not many tall forwards would have kicked 3-4 in our side yesterday, so I can excuse his game and deserves a few weeks with better opportunities.

3 Likes

I’m a fan but yesterday he played from behind far to much.

Thought he competed better in the second half but the game was gone by then.

Can’t afford to have to many poor games considering his history.

Having said that after his performance last year where he showed some real spirit it must have been very disappointing for the club to throw him aside before the season had started.

He’s a confidence player so he needs to get up and about and take the decision away from the club.

1 Like

He looked weak. The quality that i liked about him last year was his strength but it was non-existent yesterday. And 20% disposal efficiency is ■■■■■■ even by yesterdays standards. I’d be ok with him getting one more chance next week because he was one terrible player out of about 16 but he really needs to turn it around. As you said he’s a confidence player. Maybe an easy one against the Saints might get him up and about.

Daniher and Stewart are both injured, the cupboard is bare, he won’t be dropped.

I’m not gonna judge a fringe KPF who was playing solo, against quality opposition, in ‘wet’ conditions, especially when his teammates couldn’t move the ball cohesively and then thought the best way of delivering the ball was to either pinpoint the oppositions spare man or bomb the ball long to an outnumbered and out sized forwardline.

He needs more support from Brown in the f50 and Laverde must be brought in to provide another option in and out of the 50. Also, Baguley and especially Myers need to kept out of the forwardline, if any mid is to be placed in forward it needs to either Langford, if we need the extra height, or Merrett whilst he recovers from whatever the hell is wrong with him.

ZClarke can take a mark, kick a goals and relieve the ruck. If McKernan has another bad game you wouldn’t consider swapping them? I’m suggesting dropping Shaun after the one bad showing either.

McKernan drew the best defender. Phil Davis and was soundly beaten
Brown - not sure who was playing on him, but I barely saw Brown get near the pill.

McKernan probably deserves another chance, and I like him.
But we do have the option of playing Bellchamebrs forward who does have a genuine height advantage over most defenders, and Draper in the ruck and rest forward if we leave McKernan out.

3 Likes