Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

whatever happened to the 3 week hammy?

2 Likes

Yep 10 week hammy finished his season last year as well.

Easy call to keep Kobe off the ground, but did they do more damage to Smack who already has a serious hamstring history, I wonder if it was the same one?

Poor guy, at least he helped get us off the mark with a win yesterday, and now Stewart has something to aim for (although he is coming back from a groin).

I think the two ruck strategy is here to stay for now, without Smack or Joe as an option.

5 Likes

I reckon Hooker needs to play on Hipwood. Ambrose/Hurley/Francis will get murdered by him.

Chuck Francis forward for next week.

Did it for the likes

1 Like

Hooker will get murdered by Hipwoodā€™s pace

9 Likes

Have been wasting this classic full forward type in the ruck, give him 10 games without ruck duties once he gets back, alistair lynch type.

2 Likes

Bring in Langford and keep him forward.

1 Like

Yeah an inside midfielder for a forward/ruck. Nah maybe not.

1 Like

ā€œKobe was sidelined early in the first quarter, while Shaunā€™s was less severe and able to play out the rest of the game.

So it wasnā€™t that bad and he was able to play out the game

But heā€™ll miss 2 months. Am I missing something? Did him playing on turn it from a 3-4 week injury to a 7-8 week injury?

2 Likes

Probably a bit of two things, a mis-diagnoses followed by aggravation.

Iā€™m gutted by this

Heā€™s a weapon is mckernan. He will be missed. He is, imo, our best forward contested mark. Fk knows what weā€™ll do now. Bring in a cooked brown or play Stewart?

We really, really need Joe back now

4 Likes

Yea nah not really an inside Mid and how many tap outs did Mckernan get last night ?

I say play Hooker forward until Joe is back.
I wanted Hooker to come back through the VFL, but he has to play now. Essentially heā€™s a like for like replacement for McKernan. Better markā€¦but cancelled out a bit by his kicking.

6 Likes

No other option imo

ENTER STEW

Bad luck to the big fella. I hope he makes a speedy recovery, we need him.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering that myselfā€¦ seems odd.
But Iā€™m no medico.

Feel so bad for him and Mutch. Probably means Clarke stays in the team until Joe is ready. Brown or Stewart to replace him, so tomorrow will be interesting.

1 Like

Shattering.

Everytime he gets in form and has opportunity there for him injured.

Hooker fwd this week. Will prob be needed back vs North and Pies though so Brown or Stewart need to step up

1 Like

Brown back Hooker forward?