Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Possibly may have, but not necessarily.
The timeline typically based on the location of the tear as much as the severity of it. It is likely to have either proximal tendon involvement (as per last year) or central tendon (likely option).
You can still run with these when not severe, hence able to play on, just not sprint. Probably didn’t make a difference.

4 Likes

The consequence of taking McKernan off was we would have definitely lost the game.
It might have cost him a week or 2 extra on the sidelines… but i guess it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity was the club that said he went back on after injury?

If so we really do need to learn to keep quiet.

There is no advantage in the public knowing that.

Very disappointed for him. Agree he’s got a huge amount of talent & fire. Hope Stew puts in a great game tomorrow.

I think it was Woosha in press conference that said: “he wasn’t moving freely out there.”

1 Like

Fair enough.

He’s s big loss in my opinion.

At his best he’s electrifying and he allows Hooker to play in his best position down back.

Clarke’s not good enough to play that role.

1 Like

Man, this guy. As soon as he starts playing well, he’s out for a quarter of the season. Happens like clockwork. Sucks for the bloke.

12 Likes

Another hamstring injury is annoying.
Good stuff to play out the game
Though.

There seems to be a shift towards being more conservative with hamstring timelines as well over the recent years.

Shows how selfless this guy is. Played a half with a hamstring injury, but knowing the team was already out a rotation parked himself down forward and still looked dangerous. Big loss, but he would know that Brown is on the wings, Stewart and Hooker returning and Joe D not far away. He’s a legend in my mind.

11 Likes

Oh **** off.

More likely Hooker for Smack, and dependent on Tomorrow for Mutchs replacement. Be good if Begs has a blinder. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hurley or Francis on Hipwood, Hooker on McStay?

1 Like

We just gave up nearly 20 goals to a depleted Melbourne forward line.

6 Likes

Hamstrings used to be a 3 week injury. How come all ours seems to be extra super bad ones that are 8+ weeks?

2 Likes

Reminds me of winderlich in that way, always got injured after playing a great game. It’s good for extending one’s career though having your last quality game being fresh in everyone’s memory bank.

Its a tough break for SMACK and the club, desperately need his big body up forward , the only other players on the list who could play this role are Draper or Hooker. Draper is still very green and Hooker is very slow. Brown and Stewart lack the strength, and Joe won’t go near a pack unless he thinks he can sit on it.

Is it the same hammy as he injured last year?

Did Mutch warm up properly?