Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

I think the point Houli Douli is making and its a good one, is that if you are going to pull up other posters about sh111t posting then its only fair that you are squeaky clean yourself.

You have had a pretty descent campaign against McKernan since early preseason.

I pull up people when they say stuff that i think is out of line, or i have a debate about why i disagree. My criticism of Smack hasn’t been knee jerk ■■■■ after 1 bad game and i have never said anything toxic or unfair. If you or Houli Douli want to be precious because i don’t rate a player as highly as you then that’s fine but don’t tell me i need to be “squeaky clean”. It’s idiotic to say i can’t like some players and not others because i’m a “happy clapper”.

2 Likes

There is nothing idiot about having an opinion but you have consistently had a vendetta against him months.

Mentioning it once or twice is fine but you raise the point all the time and that can easily perceived to be abuse.

And for the record I couldn’t care less what you say about him and how often, I do care about you calling out others though.

1 Like

5 Likes

As above I don’t mind what you say about others but there are a few posters on here that like calling out others when they are doing the same.

In my opinion all is fair in love and war.

Nobody on here is as squeaky clean as they would like to believe.

Blitz is a free for all and tha’ts what makes it so fun.

1 Like

You mean having a consistent opinion and not changing it after one good game? And don’t call it abuse. I never use any unreasonable language. Repeating an opinion like “Brown is better than McKernan” on a forum is not abuse. And please highlight to me where i have unfairly “called somebody out”? You know that forums are about discussing and debating things right?

You yourself admit you do it.

Like I say I don’t care what anyone wants to say about other players as its their right, but calling out others for it I do have an issue with because to me that is just bullying.

You really do seem to care. And what i asked was show me a time i have unfairly called somebody out. Let’s just move on.

And don’t accuse somebody of bullying unless you actually mean it and have some proof. Please show me something? Or you know… Admit that you’re wrong. I take that pretty seriously.

1 Like

6 Likes

I kept waiting for the neck to get longer

4 Likes

snort

2 Likes

You are catching on grasshopper

KM and lance are bluing every thread. Its great

Lance and I are alright.

Just different opinions on some things.

Cul de sac on the other hand

1 Like

Just thought it was worth revisiting what this bloke did for the team in round 3. McKernan rips his hamstring in the second qtr against Melbourne. Gets treatment late in the quarter and at half time and decides to play on in a stay at home deep forward role (whilst knowing Mutch is already out of the game and Smith having concussion tests). He plays out the game, potentially sacrificing his own body and further time on the sidelines to help get the desperately needed W for the team. It’s this sort of attitude That Will take us forward, an attitude of Doing whatever you can for the betterment of the team. If we continue to be selfless and driven to get the result for the team, we are going places. Rest up Shaun, you’ll be needed for the back half of the year.

40 Likes

Didn’t he slot a goal from 50 in the third quarter when the Demons were coming back as well?

Think it was in the last term but yes, he got a free kick after Frost basically bear hugged him around 20m from goal. He went back and kicked the goal to steady the team. I’ve no doubt his sacrifice has helped set us on a winning path. Who knows how much confidence seeps from the team if we drop the Melbourne game?

2 Likes

Smack helped get our season back on track. Remember the Dees had all the momentum in the 2nd quarter. We could have easily been run over if it wasn’t for smacks inspirational performance.

now we sit 3-2. Could have been horrible if it wasn’t for him.

1 Like

The good news is that the most likely vehicle for Smack playing seniors again, will be him going back to the VFL, building up form and confidence, and waiting for his chance.

This process generally bodes well for his form.

I still feel he is the sort of guy who could win us a final. Probably not a grand final, but certainly a semi-final.