Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Surely the Hawks send Frawley to McKernan !

Good point, I need to watch more Hawthorn games

1 Like

He was deadset ordinary on the weekend.

Still a genuine tall short for mine.

Fantasia Brown Stringer
Laverde McKernan Tippa

Would be my preferred setup with our present options.

5 Likes

I think a big second half of the year from Smack is going to be a big part of us making finals this year with Joey out. First 2 games back from injury hasn’t been great conditions for the big forwards but has competed well and bringing ball to ground for the small forwards. Would love to see him play a full season in the forward line next to Joey. Brings alot of passion to the team.

6 Likes

Too many of our F50 entries don’t help any of our forwards, especially tall marking forwards like Smack.
So frustrating is the continual lack of smarts by not kicking it to our forwards advantage.
Is it too much to expect some sort of improvement in this area, watching the same shitshow year after year.

4 Likes

Our I50 delivery has been the worst feature of our first half of this season. Have given our forwards nothing. This is reflected in the stats. We have only 2 players ranked in the top 90 for marks inside 50. Stringer in 19th place & Walla in 68th place. We take very few marks I50 because we bomb it in there week in, week out. Opposition defenders rack up big numbers of defensive marks/intercepts vs us. It needs to be addressed pronto.

4 Likes

You’re telling me there’s another way?

No you don’t. They are as boring as ■■■■.

1 Like

Luckily we are approaching winter where the conditions improve.

3 Likes

Lucky we play a few games under the roof then.

Gives away far too many free kicks. Takes great marks in the wet but his kicking for goal is very poor (not on his own on the last one)

Exactly. And lots of 50m penalties comparatively.

Should try McKenna at half fwd… creative kick into 50, can run it in and kick a couple himself too… a little unpredictability mightn’t be a bad thing

he worked hard and made a contest even if he wasn’t as clean as wed like or as he s got us used to.
I say back him in, he s not far from a bag. usually a reliable kick, matter of time.

5 Likes

effort has been good but his kicking for goal has let him down badly - needs to get that sorted soon

He really needs to step up. Hopefully just getting up to speed after his injury. He’s had 1 good game this year. Frustrating because his best is so good.

I’m betting he doesn’t get a possession this weekend.

6 Likes

wut?

Y?

2 Likes

Conditions will not be conducive.

4 Likes

I see what you did there​:+1::+1:

1 Like