Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Korn McShernan

Smack isnā€™t up to it. If Daniher isnā€™t going to get up for the start of next season we need to seriously consider going after another key forward.

1 Like

How about those second efforts? Sitting on the ground waving arms at ump.

1 Like

His body language lastnight was poor.

I would drop him just for that.

1 Like

All the forwards look bad when starved of supply, we hardly got it into them. And when we did we kicked it on their fkn heads mostly.

Whereas as we saw with WC they kick it to space where Kennedy could work into.

Yeah i know i get accused of being tough on him, but 1 goal from 4 matches after injury isnā€™t good enough. I know people talk about him competing and taking the best defender, but so do all the other big forwards in the game and they manage better output than that. I think heā€™ll play the year out though because what other options do we have? Stewart might push him out but thereā€™s something about his situation that makes me think he wont play this year.

Whether they are starved or not its irrelevant.

Hurley and Smack looked like they were beaten before the ball had even gotten close.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated but the body language from those two last night from experienced players was poor in my opinion.

Hurley has far more credits than Smack.

1 Like

Smack gets double teamed every week and has to put up with poor delivery.

Heā€™s lacking somebody to help.

1 Like

Lacking more than that.

1 Like

Yeah but heā€™s still not good enough. It happens to all the big forwards and they manage. Heā€™s had zero impact for too long. I know he pops up for a spectacular game occasionally but iā€™m a little baffled by how much people people defend him.

No doubt.

I have been saying all along that Brown and Smack are back up.

Smack partners better with Joe though because there is no chance Brown can play deep. Brown has no physical presents at all.

1 Like

When Smack is your number 1 forward for the game, then you have problems with your forwardline. He is a third tall forward only who can pinch hit in the ruck.

We need to draft another tall forward option this year, not rely on bit players to do the job when JD isnā€™t playing.

4 Likes

That doesnā€™t explain his last 3 games though. We definitely need another big man.

Last 3 games have had no other kpf in the team and heā€™s playing both sole kpf & 2nd ruck

I actually thought he was coming back into form and looking good last week vs Hawks

Hopefully Stringer is fit so we can go back to having that 3 pronged attack.

But it will mean nothing if our midfield gets belted and we trapped in our defensive half

I donā€™t see it. Iā€™ve been biting my tongue waiting for it to click for him but last night he was too soft. Hopefully he kicks 5 against GWS next week and makes me look stupid.

One of those games which help explain why his career has gone nowhere. Plays the 1 good game in 6 to keep you tantalised, and 3 of the 6 heā€™s just unsighted.

3 Likes

Yep.

Only took one 1 mark. Just didnā€™t provide a clean option for a mark.

1 Like

Poor game with little service or protection. Not entirely his fault, but he was poor last night and wasnā€™t alone.

1 Like

The elbow to the throat of Mumford at the end was a nice cherry on top.

13 Likes