Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Or he could stick his neck out and try something else.

2 Likes

Played much better than your favourite Mitch Brown who was very disappointing

Mitch went ok. Plenty of times (ok 3 times for sure) Mitch ran all the way to where the 50m line meets the boundary to provide an outlet for defence and everyone around me was calling to Hurls or Heppel or whoever to kick it to Brownie but they were determined to go up the left side near the interchange instead.
No doubt he was playing a bit of a decoy role but he worked hard to get to both ends and I donā€™t think the coaches will think he had a bad game.
Loved that he took that shot even though he missed, heā€™s kicked them before and weā€™d messed up a few times a already trying to get a better look.

4 Likes

I posted this in the Conner McKenna thread, bit dyslexic tonight - this is good one - https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/posts/704882703283185

5 Likes

Iā€™ve already said that.

1 Like

Shaun is a dead set champ, with a mountain of amazing talent and heart. Unlucky with injury the last couple of years. Touch wood thatā€™s behind him. Since coming back into the team itā€™s been a slow build, holding back a little, which is understandable given the injury but (as he gains more trust in his body) it feels like heā€™s ready to launch.

5 Likes

Smack is one of the main reasons we can challenge the best teams
Its a pity they wasted him for so long in the 2s in 2016/ 2017

2 Likes

Smack just wasnā€™t what he is now in 2016 & 2017. Thatā€™s why he wasnā€™t in the 22.

Had never shown anything other than extremely inconsistent average footy as a forward until last year where it all seemed to click. Had previously shown some red hot form as a mobile backup ruckman prior to last year but ultimately he was (and is) just too small to be a no.1 ruckman.

Another 4-5cms and Smack would be challenging Grundy and Gawn as the best rucks in the AFL in my opinion.

2 Likes

Wanted him dropped after a dismal few weeks. Happy to be wrong about that.

Love watching him when heā€™s up and about.

Hopefully his poor form was due to recovering from injury and we get another run of solid form. Lord knows we need it.

1 Like

They are the sorts of things you miss when watching on TV. I thought brown had a poor game. But after hearing that perhaps I am been a bit harsh.

Hopefully we get that version of smack for the rest of the year

Onya Smack!

5 Likes

I think so. Same can be said for Fantasia as well.

Hopefully they hit their stride now.

neck minute smack kicks 5 goals against sydney

Smack is a bit like Jesus Christ at the moment and I like it.

I hope that its like Easterā€¦where on the third day he rose again and descended into heaven.

Im an atheist from an interfaith background ( its complicated ) personally but love a great fairytale.

1 Like

Huh??

2 Likes

8 Likes

What the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are you on dude?

2 Likes

Weā€™re a broad church.
We all have our funny little ways.
We still love ya.

2 Likes

He better back it up this week.