Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Is there a player in the comp whose best and worst games are as far apart as they are for Smack

1 Like

Absolutely love this bloke. Still shocked he wasnā€™t picked round 1.

1 Like

Charlie Cameron.

On his day he breaks games apart, when itā€™s not he does absolutely nothing. At least McKernan still gives an effort when he is having a bad day.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t he still injured?

Descended into heaven is a unique take on it.

FWIW, heaven would be hell. Whereā€™s the fun debauchery?

Heā€™s either Wayne Carey or Kepler Bradley.

Absolutely no middle ground and I, for one, love it.

6 Likes

Cult Hero

mirth

7 Likes

Nope, he played in the VFL practice match before the JLT game at Geelong and absolutely smashed them, one of the more dominant performances I have seen from a big man.

I was very disappointed he wasnā€™t picked for the first game off that performance and his pre season in general which was great. Probably wouldnā€™t have made a difference against GWS but we most likely would have beaten St Kilda with him in.

4 Likes

When heā€™s off he also gives away silly frees or 50m penalties

Injuries have been cruel to this bloke. Probably underestimated in terms of his ability. Heā€™s actually been very consistent when given multiple games in a row.

3 Likes

ā€˜Mitsā€™ McKernan.

Bloke marks the footy like its a baseball and heā€™s wearing a glove sometimes.

Heā€™s the kind of bloke that will win you a final.

6 Likes

We just need someone to get us there first!

1 Like

6 Likes

Second best in the comp for contested marks with 2.5 a game.

He would be far more consistent playing along side a fit Joe.

He is constantly playing against 2 opponents and has to put up with terrible delivery.

2 Likes

Shaun of the Dead

5 Likes

Thanks Mike
Do you know if Joe Daniher has started any rehab after surgery?

You are spot on
And
Was wasted for 2 years or so
And
Not selected in the team for the elimination final against the Swans in 2017 when Hooker was out
We lost that game by 74 points

1 Like

I was just praising him like you should praise the lord ( apparently), although Iā€™m not actually religious more agnostic / atheist.

Guess thatā€™s a bit much. Just like the Smack

Agree with this.
Remember thinking, this guy is playing well. Why the hell wasnt he picked?
We got slaughtered that day and needed his aggression and size. Something thatā€™s commonly been missed under Woosha.

2 Likes