Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

You talking about smack? He played the first 3 rounds before his hammy. If he’d kicked straight early against the Saints we may well have won

1 Like

Ahhh whoops, I may have been suffering a little early onset Alzheimers there!
I remember having a debate before the first round game and for some reason thought he wasn’t picked.

But yes, he played the first 2 then he kicked that second half goal against Melbourne after he had already done his hammy earlier in the game, possibly make his injury worse. How could I forget!

The club hadn’t said anything from what I know.

Joe went to the US I believe and I’m not sure if he’s back yet.

1 Like

On SEN radio soon :wink:

1 Like

Will he get a week for that hit?

No.

Shouldve (edit) been a 50 tho.

3 Likes

Probably. He’s already copped a $2k fine this year hasn’t he?

That late bump in the last? Surely not. He wasn’t reported. Has he been cited by the MRP?

I agree with you. No report & no 50m penalty on the day either which was fortunate. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was given a week though, the AFL is a joke.

1 Like

I think he will get a week

I don’t mind it. It keeps the defenders on edge about trying to intercept marks in defensive 50.

It was a statement on the day. ‘If you are going come across and cut off a player on the lead against Essendon, expect to cop a sledge hammer from behind.’

He was off the ground well before the player took the mark. He didn’t folllow through.

What do you want him to do? Flap his arms in the hope of changing direction?

He won’t be suspended for that.

1 Like

This guy gets involved when ■■■■ is on the line. He’s a match winner. We don’t get to see him and Joe working together. Never mind. It’s good to see one of them.

1 Like

He actually didn’t hit him with full force. He slightly pulled out at the end. The umpire didn’t even pay 50 so no way should that be a report or suspension

3 Likes

Love Smack. Plays with heart and seems that other lift when he is on. Love his celebrations when he kicks a big goal.

3 Likes

Photo of Smacks first year at crows. He is a dead ringer of James Buckley from in betweeners.

9 Likes

For what? It was a bit late and I was surprised it wasn’t 50, but it wasn’t high or anything.

My main issue with McKernan over the years was his lack of ability to control his ego. Thankfully when he gets beaten now he doesn’t do his block and give away a stupid free kick while in the contest. His brother Corey he isn’t but with discipline his game is good and he can produce. Hope he stays injury free and can keep producing cause his neck extension is a thing of glory and magnificence.

1 Like

The main issue with Smack over his time at EFC wasn’t his ego mate, it’s actually not being played. Or being played out of position as a primary ruck. He is a lead up forward that can pitch hit in the ruck.

2 Likes

So was Paul Roos. Tears…Soooo many tears. :laughing:

2 Likes