Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Where I was sitting the banter after that hit went like follows:

Sydney Fan: “You’re a cheap hitting dog, McKernan”
Essendon Fan: “You’re a cheating flog, Rampe”
Sydney: “At least he isn’t a drug cheat”
Essendon: “At least our coach doesn’t rate North Melbourne as a better prospect”

Silence.

9 Likes

scenes if woosha is coaching north next year.

Finals mate? Completed it.

I see they’re chronologically challenged, too.

3 Likes

What about the ruck infringement going our way and not theirs? He was still going on about it 5 minutes later!

1 Like

Shaun only copped a 2k fine. Not bad for an elbow in the back of the head.

5 Likes

“Low impact”

Shaun was poor today. Needs to find form to give us a chance as Our talls are falling like flies and Jakey can’t shoulder the load by himself.

Wasn’t even at the club

Poor? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I thought he did fine., not great, but plenty enough.

Took some fkn great marks, … several he really had no right to. He’s got a great pair of mitts, and is clunking more, and with more confidence, week by week.

2 Likes

10 possessions , 8 clangers, 3 effective disposals- he was rubbish but didn’t need stats to see that

4 Likes

Better when his hair is shorter and his neck is longer.

Off the boil a bit today? Wouldn’t go saying too much at this stage. Has been immense in a number of games this season.

1 Like

His form IS being up and down like a yo-yo.

Not going to be too hard on him.
Gave away a couple of classic McNernan soft frees, but responded well with some good clunks rather than having a complete shocker- which is a pleasant change from previous years.
Reckon he’s carrying some sort of leg / groin injury as well.
Evidence his two set shots from just inside 50 in the first half- fully expected both to sail through (either the goals or out on the full)
Neither actually made the distance, which is unlike him.

4 Likes

Competed well, not his best game, but certainly not his worst.

Exactly. His kicking was off ( “poor” ), but the rest off his game wasn’t. A little quieter than usual, but he got in good positions, out bodied, and I don’t think dropped a mark he went for.

I think you might be right, … that he was carrying some leg injury., the short Goals were telling.

2 Likes

If you can take the emotional trauma of following a team that includes Shaun McKernan out of the equation, this bloke is one of the most interesting players in the comp. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player who’s best and worst is not only so far apart, but can regularly be demonstrated just seconds apart in one piece of play. Over and over.

I really like him. Has some tools to be one of the most valuable players in the comp, and some flaws that suggest he’s not even close to AFL value. Roller coaster. He could single handedly win us a final, or be absolutely catastrophic. He’s very important right now.

2 Likes

Overhead he’s gotta be in our top 2-3, and one of our best shots at goal. Always draws +1 defender.

1 Like

Love his endeavour and effort
Hate the stupid obvious frees he gives away invariably in the ruck holding a jumper or when out of position trying to mark.
A hard losing contest is better than giving away a free.
But I’m sure he knows this.

There was one ruck contest where I reckon the ump recognised it was Goldstein vs McKernan and knee-jerk gave the free before anything had happened!

2 Likes