Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Is this for real? They drop Hams with much more potential for McKernan who they plan to pick back up anyway!? Nope. #nope. I get it, different plays of field but I’m still upset about Hams. Rid us of Goddard at least.

i hate this demote to the rookie list business.

I hate rookie lists to begin with. Just extend the main list ffs

Is this for real? They drop Hams with much more potential for McKernan who they plan to pick back up anyway!? Nope. #nope. I get it, different plays of field but I'm still upset about Hams. Rid us of Goddard at least.

Lol wot?

Is this for real? They drop Hams with much more potential for McKernan who they plan to pick back up anyway!? Nope. #nope. I get it, different plays of field but I'm still upset about Hams. Rid us of Goddard at least.

Lol wot?

Seriously ban-worthy

I reckon that Yestin will have to work very hard to get rookied. The rookie list is getting very competitive.

Does this mean we’ll be picking up both Josh Green and Xavier Richards?

Fringiest fringe player who ever fringed.

Seems to me the club has very definite ideas about who they want on the list and are making adjustments accordingly.

Essendon has made a further change to its squad ahead of the 2017 season, de-listing Shaun McKernan from the senior list.

However, Essendon List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said the Club is committed to re-drafting McKernan at the upcoming AFL National Rookie Draft.

“Shaun is a very focused and competitive young man, and when given the opportunity at senior level he’s shown he can add real value to the team particularly in his versatility to play as both a key forward and ruckman,” Dodoro said.

“Shaun is driven to play regular senior football and we hope with a big pre-season and continued development in specific areas of his game, he can achieve this goal at Essendon

■■■■ what a waste

We must have our eye on someone else in the draft and need the spot but if that doesn’t work and if Smack is still available then; we’ll rookie him. Its called eggs in very basket.
Essendon has made a further change to its squad ahead of the 2017 season, de-listing Shaun McKernan from the senior list.

However, Essendon List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said the Club is committed to re-drafting McKernan at the upcoming AFL National Rookie Draft.

“Shaun is a very focused and competitive young man, and when given the opportunity at senior level he’s shown he can add real value to the team particularly in his versatility to play as both a key forward and ruckman,” Dodoro said.

“Shaun is driven to play regular senior football and we hope with a big pre-season and continued development in specific areas of his game, he can achieve this goal at Essendon

■■■■ what a waste

We must have our eye on someone else in the draft and need the spot but if that doesn’t work and if Smack is still available then; we’ll rookie him. Its called eggs in very basket.

I think they just realize that there will be plenty of talent available for at 4th pick.

Makes no sense at all.
Smack is only needed as a back up in the case of injury to Luenberger and TBell. So why put him on the rookie list where we can’t play him unless there is a long term injury?
If we think we need to keep him as a back up, it needs to be on the main list.
If we are going to draft a young ruckman, who presumably is not yet ready for AFL (and so we need to keep McKernan), the new young ruckman should go on the rookie list. Chances are whoever we want is going to be available in the rookie draft.

Makes no sense at all. Smack is only needed as a back up in the case of injury to Luenberger and TBell. So why put him on the rookie list where we can't play him unless there is a long term injury? If we think we need to keep him as a back up, it needs to be on the main list. If we are going to draft a young ruckman, who presumably is not yet ready for AFL (and so we need to keep McKernan), the new young ruckman should go on the rookie list. Chances are whoever we want is going to be available in the rookie draft.

Well, the answer is right there in that sentence.

I did already say they should take Smack off the senior list if it was a choice between him and pick 41, but I probably trashed him a little too much.

He has proven he is a competitor at AFL level who does more that a plodding lanky back up ruck (Giles), he won’t win the most hit outs, but if he did he wouldn’t be the back up.

It is fair to let another prospect prove themselves before replacing him, but we shouldn’t stop looking.

I’ve said it elsewhere, I think we should rookie Rowan Marshall or a small back like Hepp A (both if Eades doesn’t get a spot).

Makes no sense at all. Smack is only needed as a back up in the case of injury to Luenberger and TBell. So why put him on the rookie list where we can't play him unless there is a long term injury? If we think we need to keep him as a back up, it needs to be on the main list. If we are going to draft a young ruckman, who presumably is not yet ready for AFL (and so we need to keep McKernan), the new young ruckman should go on the rookie list. Chances are whoever we want is going to be available in the rookie draft.

Not really. TBell and Luey could have concurrent injuries that are less than 12 weeks duration. We couldn’t elevate McKernan then.

Spot on, so it’s absolutely the right call.

Wow. Struth. WTF? Seriously?

Kinda like when we first picked him up

I’d rather McKernan than Richards. Richards should be a rookie at best.

Hope I’m proved wrong.

What happened to Jamar coaching the Ruckmen?
We were told it was going sooo well! Now after Michael, Gauch, Smack shown the door, he’s only got 2 left to coach.

IN:JAMAR

Do it Jackets.

IN:JAMAR

Do it Jackets.

It’s a terrible idea, but one that would be supported by everyone. Do it.