I can't believe those complaining. This is a brilliant move by EFC.
By placing delisting McKernan it allows three things:
1) Frees up a permanent spot on the list to recruit a DFA or kid in the ND
2) Gives us ruck cover if we don't find a ruck in the ND
3) Stick a rocket up McKernan to work on the "things" he's been asked to work on until the rookie draft
If we somehow got English at our rd 2 pick and still had picks 29, 41 and possibly another in the ND, then we wouldn't bother with McKernan at all. If we don't get a ruck in the ND, then we will need McKernan as cover which a rookie pick (our very last selection) would make it worthwhile.
Was anyone shattered we took Gach Nyoun in the rookie draft or did they complain about missing out on anyone?
1) Good if we get a kid, but if we get both Richards and Green, it's horrible.
2) It doesn't give us ruck cover unless we have a LTI.
3) He had a rocket when Adelaide dumped him and another when he wasn't getting a game this year. Either he was below 100% fitness all year and deserves another chance, or he's not good enough and his departure should be permanent.
English is a long-shot to get to our 2nd pick, are there any other good ruck options?
Some good points.
1) We will get Green and Richards. Not sure on Richards but don't mind Green. Either way, we wanted them both and couldn't wait until the PSD or rookie draft for either of them so rather than giving us one less ND pick, McKernan made way.
2) Let's hope we don't need ruck cover through an LTI but you're right, that's what he will be there for. If we're unlucky enough to have both Luenburger and Bellchambers out at the same time with 1-2 week injuries, then pending the opposition, we have Stewart and Daniher.
3) Some just take a bit longer to mentally click.
English is a long shot, you're spot on but who knows what might happen and how many other rucks there are. If we don't have a spot, we won't be prepared for a slider or surprise pick.