Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

He is always going to be caught between two positions .
Are they depicted in the Karma Sutra?
From the comments I've heard about Josh Green, he has the exactly the same issues as McKernan in terms of mental application. He also lacks pace, which I would have thought was important for a small forward...

Josh green is very quick

Yeah, he has faults but his pace isnā€™t one of them.

I like when people comment on players they havenā€™t watched more than a couple of times and show they have nfi.

I actually have seen him play and he doesnā€™t look slow, although I havenā€™t seen much of him. That is why I have been reading Brisbane supporters thoughts on him over the last season and one of their issues is his lack of defensive pressure and that he lacks pace. But hey I guess you know best right?

Well Iā€™d back my eyes over some random Brisbane tool on the Internet.

Having said that as someone pointed out injury affected him this year, but we wouldnā€™t be picking him up based on this year weā€™d be hoping he can get back to his speedy best.

I can't believe those complaining. This is a brilliant move by EFC.

By placing delisting McKernan it allows three things:

1. Frees up a permanent spot on the list to recruit a DFA or kid in the ND

2. Gives us ruck cover if we donā€™t find a ruck in the ND

3. Stick a rocket up McKernan to work on the ā€œthingsā€ heā€™s been asked to work on until the rookie draft

If we somehow got English at our rd 2 pick and still had picks 29, 41 and possibly another in the ND, then we wouldnā€™t bother with McKernan at all. If we donā€™t get a ruck in the ND, then we will need McKernan as cover which a rookie pick (our very last selection) would make it worthwhile.

Was anyone shattered we took Gach Nyoun in the rookie draft or did they complain about missing out on anyone?

And I am shattered we took Gach in the rookie draft because it seems apparent we donā€™t have the capacity to develop a raw ruckman still learning the game, so I donā€™t know why we bothered trying to.

Shattered? Seriously?

Iā€™m shattered if someone in my family dies, no where near shattered if my club picks a player that doesnā€™t work out.

Get some perspective in your life

Get some perspective yourself, and leave some room for artistic licence.

Just reflecting Fogā€™s term used in his post which was basically asking if anyone was disappointed in taking Gach in the rookie draft.

I did invest in Gachā€™s journey and what it meant to him, his family and his community, having talked to him and read up on him.

Without any major evidence besides the Uber incident regarding his not following expected discipline, my take is we didnā€™t have the right support and opportunities available to make it reasonably possible for him to succeed. This is going by what Ego said at the end of the year, and the reality of having up to 3 rucks ahead of him in the VFL side.

If you canā€™t indulge in a little hyperbole on Blitz I would think most of us shouldnā€™t be here.

Greene has decent pace but was slow this year due to being overweight and unfit.

It is well known that Josh Green ā€œlacks defensive pressureā€ . Is that because he cannot apply it, or because he doesnt bother? If its the latter there is hope because even he admits it is something he needs to work on.

Greene has decent pace but was slow this year due to being overweight and unfit.

It is well known that Josh Green ā€œlacks defensive pressureā€ . Is that because he cannot apply it, or because he doesnt bother? If its the latter there is hope because even he admits it is something he needs to work on.

The AFL Prospectus 2016:

ā€œHis defensive pressure remained a feature of his game, ranking in the top 10 players in the AFL for forward 50 pressure points in each of the last two seasons.ā€

LOL

Just teach him how to ruck without giving away free kicks and he could be serviceable in that department.

Iā€™ve read thereā€™s better ruck talent in next years draft, so I suspect that the club will wait until then to pick up our next developing ruck man.
And I donā€™t think anyone sees Smack as a player who is close to breaking into the team, so putting him on the rookie list is a sensible move IMHO. Heā€™s at least good insurance in case of a LTI in our ruck department.

Heā€™ll work.

I hope a miracle happens and another team picks Smack. As for Eades. Iā€™m over him.

I can't believe those complaining. This is a brilliant move by EFC.

By placing delisting McKernan it allows three things:

1. Frees up a permanent spot on the list to recruit a DFA or kid in the ND

2. Gives us ruck cover if we donā€™t find a ruck in the ND

3. Stick a rocket up McKernan to work on the ā€œthingsā€ heā€™s been asked to work on until the rookie draft

If we somehow got English at our rd 2 pick and still had picks 29, 41 and possibly another in the ND, then we wouldnā€™t bother with McKernan at all. If we donā€™t get a ruck in the ND, then we will need McKernan as cover which a rookie pick (our very last selection) would make it worthwhile.

Was anyone shattered we took Gach Nyoun in the rookie draft or did they complain about missing out on anyone?

And I am shattered we took Gach in the rookie draft because it seems apparent we donā€™t have the capacity to develop a raw ruckman still learning the game, so I donā€™t know why we bothered trying to.

Shattered? Seriously?

Iā€™m shattered if someone in my family dies, no where near shattered if my club picks a player that doesnā€™t work out.

Get some perspective in your life

Devvo.

Smack reminds me of the New Zealand test cricketer of the early seventies, Bob Cunis. Neither one thing nor the other.

Smack reminds me of the New Zealand test cricketer of the early seventies, Bob Cunis. Neither one thing nor the other.

Crisp. Very crisp.

Crisp. Very crisp.

Test Match Special commentator Alan Gibson once commented, ā€œThis is Cunis at the Vauxhall End. Cunis, a funny sort of name: neither one thing nor the other.ā€ However, according to his Wisden obituary, the witticism was probably first coined by Alan Ross in a report in The Observer of the New Zealandersā€™ match against Sussex in 1969.

Checking out Smack news, I certainly was not expecting a discussion of NZ cricketers vs Sussex in the '60s.

Who says Blitz does not have the most erudite of correspondents?

He is always going to be caught between two positions .
Are they depicted in the Karma Sutra?
The Full Forward and the Centre Half Back are in my version.

Crisp. Very crisp.

Test Match Special commentator Alan Gibson once commented, ā€œThis is Cunis at the Vauxhall End. Cunis, a funny sort of name: neither one thing nor the other.ā€ However, according to his Wisden obituary, the witticism was probably first coined by Alan Ross in a report in The Observer of the New Zealandersā€™ match against Sussex in 1969.

Ahead of his time by not assuming gender.

ā€œThe bowlerā€™s Holding, the batsmanā€™s Willey.ā€

1 Like

Korn McShernan

Smashes it on the rookie list. Should serve out his career as a rookie