Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

How many frees did he give away in the ruck, 5? Way too many.

1. He gave away 2 free kicks. Thatā€™s a total of two.

Enigma.

He gave away 5 free kicks. It might have been 2 in the ruck, but it was a total of 5.
Source: the official match stats.

He gave away 5 free kicks. It might have been 2 in the ruck, but it was a total of 5.

:frowning: I have no idea what I was looking at. Was certain it was 2. Will crawl back to my box.

1 Like

:frowning: I have no idea what I was looking at. Was certain it was 2. Will crawl back to my box.

Thanks for confirming the impression that it was a lot. It appears to be a habit he finds hard to break. Part of his competitive nature to attack the ball hard, but a high free kick count against him does not appear to be an anomaly.

Frees for, probably.

Its all in the ruck though, worries about the man too much, when he could just be there to tackle the other ruckman if they grab it or act as a 4th rover.

Thanks for confirming the impression that it was a lot. It appears to be a habit he finds hard to break. Part of his competitive nature to attack the ball hard, but a high free kick count against him does not appear to be an anomaly.

Any Essendon player with a high free kick count for would be an anomaly.

Iā€™m telling you

Heā€™s a follower, not a ruckman (and not a CHF either). Unfortunately followers no longer really exist. Heā€™s got issues, but I like him. He has a dip and when heā€™s on can do special things. Against that he can be off a lot and plays some stupid football. Iā€™d be happy with him playing as a clearance mid and around the ground - as a follower.

Its all in the ruck though, worries about the man too much, when he could just be there to tackle the other ruckman if they grab it or act as a 4th rover.
In that case, why wouldn't we just play an extra midfielder? Sorry but he is either a ruck in which case he plays as a ruckman or we just play another clearance player and try to rove the oppositions taps. McKernan may be athletic for a big guy but he is still a big guy and moves like one compared to actual midfielders.

He mainly seems lost at centre bounces, but ok at throw inā€™s from the boundary & ball ups in the field of play where he can wrestle the other ruckman a bit.

Maybe need to utilise him a bit smarter

Hes starting to remind me of Hardingham alot

1 Like

Just watched the match. Play him as a full time big bodied midfielder.

Just watched the match. Play him as a full time big bodied midfielder.

Heā€™d get slaughtered and weā€™d have a liability.

Its all a bit hypothetical; right now because as a rookie, he would not be allowed to play AFL in round 1
Its gotta be Stewart or TBel, or Joey who does the ruck chop out. Heaven help us if Leui is injured.

Play him as a big mid.

Heā€™s a small / medium forward, in the body of a key position forward, who is trying to play ruck.

Have truer words ever been spoken on here. lol have to agree

And how many of those were BS decisions by the maggots? At least 1 that I recall.
And how many of those were BS decisions by the maggots? At least 1 that I recall.

Whether he actually infringes a lot or gives the impression that he does and the umpires call frees against him that arenā€™t actually there is materially irrelevant. Once the whistle blows, itā€™s a free kick.