#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-05/mckenna-meets-new-teammates

Irish recruit Conor McKenna has met his new teammates for the first time joining the club‘s first to fourth year players for the opening day of pre-season training.

McKenna flew into Melbourne on Tuesday night, taking no time to settle in with his first day of training on Wednesday morning.

The 18-year-old took part in testing along with a light skills session with his new teammates.

“It has been not too bad so far, I got here last night at about 7.30pm when Marty Allison picked me up from the airport,” McKenna said.

“I am feeling a little bit tired and sore today but it isn‘t too bad.”

“They are all good lads, they have all said if I have any questions to just ask so that has been good.”

“They said don‘t be afraid to ask and have all been a good help so far so that is good.”

The exciting Irish prospect joined the club on a two-year contract as a Rookie B List player.

McKenna qualifies as a Rookie B as he has not been registered in an Australian football competition for the past three years.

The star Gaelic footballer from Tyrone, Northern Ireland was following closley by Essendon‘s recruiting team over the last 12 months.

During his first AFL game in a combined Irish/Australian squad, the quick and agile 184cm midfielder kicked four goals and was best afield.

fáilte roimh Essendon , Conor.

D'fhéadfadh go bhfuil tú éirigh go hiontach linn.

that's exactly how he sounds

Training tops in red and black, well I’ll never!

I heard he was playing with us as long as we provide his Ma with a caravan.

D'ya like dags?

Farking gypo’s

I farkin LUV pikeys

Looks like the Irish Gazza to me.

Training tops look dard.

Looked good in a bit of footage can kick the football okay

Will be the best player from this years draft! I can feel it.

Taken today at pre-season training.

McKenna_1_Pre.png

Did none of the recruiting staff notice he has only one leg?  Sheesh...

Will be the best player from this years draft! I can feel it.

Testify.

Subtitles 

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=701568

whale oil beef hooked

Can this kid get any more exciting?

WILSON: HIRD RACIALLY ABUSES TEENAGER

WILSON: HIRD RACIALLY ABUSES TEENAGER

HIRD FACES WORKPLACE HARASSMENT CHARGES

I hope he makes it, i'm on the bandwagon  , seems like a great lad from the videos ive watched of him