#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Some guy that had smashed 6 pints of Guinness.

Good enough for me.

Family friend. He’s basically getting comfortable away from home with us, he ain’t just gonna move teams and start over.

34 Likes

BakerWasAStar would be devastated…!!!

We would find him in an up turned golf cart in kew somewhere!

1 Like

Ok, ta for that.
I hope you’re correct. A player told me that he thinks he’ll leave. Could be all talk.

If Mckenna leaves, then the entire list management staff should hot on his heels out the door as well.

3 Likes

I really, really like Connor but I’d take that in a heartbeat.

Hold on a sec. When we want someone we need to pay overs to pry someone away to fil a void. If saints are desperate for a running HBF then they’ll have to pay too.

If we want Kelly, we have to pay alot, same goes if they want conor

I agree but Ross, imo is a far, far superior player to McKenna. Now I really do rate conor, but he’s not worth Seb Ross and if that deal came up I’d do it in a heartbeat

2 Likes

With all due respect, we had the identical comment from Michael Hibberd’s Dad a day or two before he announced he wanted a trade. Can you blame us for being jittery?

4 Likes

Hibborts dad said he wasn’t going anywhere. I believe no one anymore!

Edit: what he said!

I’m not Hibberd’s dad.

Do you like potatoes?

2 Likes

No you’re not. Even if you were, it wouldn’t help in this instance!

Makes sense. He’s only just getting settled in a new country. Why would he want to start over again?

1 Like

I might get reported for this clickbait!

I hope he stays but if he leaves and we get a first round pick for him, I would be ok with that.

Do you play golf?

1 Like

You’re right Seb is much better, but also has much more development. When you target a young upcoming player you are doing it based on potential, and as such you have to pay overs for that potential (well in general, unless you have leverage). I’m not saying he is worth Ross, but if some club wants him they should be made to pay more than just what he is worth on current output.

1 Like

There was a story on the news earlier about Cox from Collingwood. Basically they said that because he’s here on a working visa he cannot simply change clubs as this is the same as changing employer & would void his visa. I wondered if Conor is in the same boat?

1 Like

I assume both Cox and Conor would be currently sponsored by their respective clubs. Though IIRC following that two year period, they should be able to get residency, i.e. becomming free to move if they please.