#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I'd def upgrade McKernan, Steinberg and Aylett.

We need to give AFL games for Steiny. It’s now or never.

Save McKenna till next year. Long needs to be locked in the gym over pre-season with stacks of food. Not ready for AFL yet.

There’s no need to upgrade anyone until we play them.

McKernan immediately, and I’d be playing Steinberg before Gwilt from here on in when Fletch is not available.

Agree with you re Stein. Has the upside and still fairly young. Still possible he can end up being Fletch’s ‘replacement’ too.
I'd def upgrade McKernan, Steinberg and Aylett.

Save McKenna till next year. Long needs to be locked in the gym over pre-season with stacks of food. Not ready for AFL yet.

There’s no need to upgrade anyone until we play them.

McKernan immediately, and I’d be playing Steinberg before Gwilt from here on in when Fletch is not available.

IMO. As to any potential elevation for Trav, who should be put on the LTI list surely, there are 3 possibilities But these need to be evaluated in terms of the needs of the team.

McKernan. No brainer. 100% Must be elevated.

Stein: We have plenty of medium sized defenders right now. No need for another, unless we want to play Stein instead of Gwilt, which is actually not a bad idea particularly if we cannot make the finals.

Aylett: Is useful at VFL level, but questionable at AFL level IMO. Hard to see if theres improvement possible.

McKenna. He is the sort of player we really really need up forward in the AFL, agility, sprint ability, goal sense, good aerial skills for his size. Not quite ready for AFL, but might be soon imo depending on how he performs in the 2s against better sides like Willi and Port over the next 2 weeks. If he performs well against those teams and kicks goals, its worth elevating him, he might be able to play a couple of games at the end of the year.
But its probably important not to play him before he is ready.

racist, booooooo

Long returns to the VFL from injury this week doesnt he

I’d def upgrade McKernan, Steinberg and Aylett.

IMO. As to any potential elevation for Trav, who should be put on the LTI list surely, there are 3 possibilities But these need to be evaluated in terms of the needs of the team.

Stein: We have plenty of medium sized defenders right now. No need for another, unless we want to play Stein instead of Gwilt, which is actually not a bad idea particularly if we cannot make the finals.

Aylett: Is useful at VFL level, but questionable at AFL level IMO. Hard to see if theres improvement possible.

McKenna. He is the sort of player we really really need up forward in the AFL, agility, sprint ability, goal sense, good aerial skills for his size. Not quite ready for AFL, but might be soon imo depending on how he performs in the 2s against better sides like Willi and Port over the next 2 weeks. If he performs well against those teams and kicks goals, its worth elevating him, he might be able to play a couple of games at the end of the year.

racist, booooooo

…yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but !! :slight_smile:

So apparently we can potentially elevate 3 rookies (provided both Coyler and TBell are placed on LTI list). Who reckons this guy needs to come up to the senior list?

Not this year. They will obviously promote Smack, keep the other two in the pocket and use them on a needs basis.

Thanks, but ;-(

WTF? I have been out of the country the last month and have not seen any other mention of LTI to Colyer. So where does ^^^ post come from?
Colyer will miss the rest of the season due to a navicular hot spot...this was announced on Monday.
WTF? I have been out of the country the last month and have not seen any other mention of LTI to Colyer. So where does ^^^ post come from?

EFC website. Docs report. Not good. T Bell also lame.

Welcome back.

So apparently we can potentially elevate 3 rookies (provided both Coyler and TBell are placed on LTI list). Who reckons this guy needs to come up to the senior list?

Who was his direct apponent/s and did they do any damage whilst Conor was on them. I couldn't tell from the tv and the commentators didn't seem to know who he was so weren't much help.

For a large part of the game he was on Nathan Wright (No.34), who didn’t have much of an impact.

The commentators had no idea who Conor was and nobody knows who Nathan Wright is.

Needs subtitles.

Really wished he belted that saints player who tackled him over the line. would’ve made my night.

Is quite quick.Comparing him to the quickest on our list: Colyer, Long, Razz, Tippa, Eades, Morgan? (no particular order). I would say he is one or two gears slower than them, however they all have serious wheels. I’d say he sits in or around the category of: Jerrett, Edwards, Dempsey… just a tad slower than the others. Just my view.

Who was his direct apponent/s and did they do any damage whilst Conor was on them. I couldn't tell from the tv and the commentators didn't seem to know who he was so weren't much help.

For a large part of the game he was on Nathan Wright (No.34), who didn’t have much of an impact.

Is there a slight chance we're over rating him

At this stage we can only really go by what he does at VFL level where he has been very good. As brem06 said, he looks creative, quick and highly skilled by foot. So that’s where the rating of him comes from. He needs continuity at AFL level before we, or indeed the club, evaluate their expectations.

Is there a slight chance we’re over rating him