#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Thoughts on McKenna so far this year?
improved, or regressed?

Improved

1 Like

Improved for sure. Playing in a less successful team but well and truly holding up his end of the bargain, often under duress. I can wear the odd mistake from him because he does take risks and try to provide the run and drive we need.

8 Likes

Wasn’t sure it was a serious question, … still aren’t …:thinking:

1 Like

Has improved a lot defensively as well

Ordinary game last night - had plenty of mates - but has continued to improve.

We really need him in the midfield being a bull who can burst from a stoppage.

That stoppage burst player - who an quickly run the other way if we lose the initial handball - is something we definitely lack and we need to try him there.

1 Like

Bullish.

Can’t he just be our Tuohy?

McKenna v Saad? Both elite bursts of speed, but who would you have running off the half back atm?

McKenna is a physical specimen. Much more athletic than Tuohy.

2 Likes

Didn’t have a game to remember last night, but has definitely improved.

Bit of play where he hacked it of the ground and out on the full should have dribbled it over the line for a boundary throw in.

Improved.

He is one of our more important players. Was moved onto a wing in the last quarter, maybe even last half. Couldn’t find as much ball… but definitely has potential there.

The 3 weeks he was out at the start of the year really hurt us. Along with Merrett is the one who I want to have the ball in their hands and kicking it.

1 Like

Time to move him up to the wing.

Played there Q4 against the tigers.

He and Griggs basically neutralised each other.

We need at stoppages where he would give us something we lack - explosive pace.

3 Likes

I’m not sure he is ready for that, maybe 4-5 weeks on the wing til he gets used to position in around the ground stoppages before we throw him in the middle.

It’s time to start the apprentice.

How are school holidays treating you?

souv is my favourite new poster.

Maggots would have pinged him for deliberate out, so he is to be commended for saving us the angst from being outraged by yet more maggotry.

2 Likes