#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Going to start calling him d’Artagnan

Second worst decision made, just behind the Smack mark that wasn’t paid.

1 Like

I think the Hurley shank paid as deliberate deserves to be on the podium somewhere.

1 Like

This one more than the other options.

The footies are all behind the goals at either end. An umpire (boundary?) would have to run back there, grab one, run it back up.

Gives you a good 15? 30? seconds to set up.

Similar to Le Cras taking 20s to walk halfway back to his mark, stopping for another 20s to tie up his laces, taking another 10s to get to the top of his mark, before the umpire called for his 45sec to start. Any advantage you can wrangle is a good one.

1 Like

What about Green getting slapped in the face, a free given to WC for htb, then a few seconds later, a ‘high’ given to WC?

1 Like

Green did get caught high across the schnozz. But given he has been done for staging in the past, and he played it up like a soccer player, then it really doesn’t surprise me. The rest of the decision making in that sequence was fine.

Plenty of others to pick on.

That’s in the top 5

Why do we have people here who defend the indefensible maggots.

They are Vichy BBers.

I think you’ll find he got a finger in the eye, not the schnozz.
Hence the hesitation and the shake of the head to try and clear his vision / check his eyeball is not hanging out.
Implying he’s staging or taking a leaf from the Oscars of soccer is a bit rich.
He’s not Natanui or Rance.
And, like Hird, will always be tarred in the umpires eyes.

2 Likes

He has a history of staging

But not in this instance.
Are you an umpire?

I can just imagine Connor telling BJ to f off in a strong Irish accent when BJ offered to take the kick in.
In all seriousness, it was awsome to see Connor be confident enough to go again after he butchered it out of bounds less than a minute earlier and even better that BJ offered but never demanded.

3 Likes

This statement in itself comes back to show the umpire will base their decision on the player and not the action/foul

I’m not an umpire, i’m not commenting on green’s reaction thursday night. i’m simply saying he has a history.

Giff please?

I’m not that tech savvy, but if someone could clip that little passage where he kicks to himself I’d be very appreciative!

Not mine

5 Likes

Awesome. Still needs to learn how to make the bobbling ball pop up

Party tricks

Luke Darcy is right i want Worsfold to tell him to keep doing it and get better at it.

2 Likes

Didja see Worsfold raise the one eyebrow there?

That’s the kind of emotion we want to see in the coaches’ box.

9 Likes