#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

He must have done some training with Mike Tyson.

8 Likes

Yeah

1 Like

Interesting that he played his best game for the season after Saad went down. I wonder whether Saad has impacted on Irish’s run?

I reckon he just knew the state of the game and probably took it upon himself to lift

5 Likes

What a gun this kid is. Elite disposal, pace to burn and fits into the game plan so well.

Know it’s important to him but I don’t want him going back to his Gaelic stuff ever. Want to see him for another 10+ years cutting teams up and tasting success.

Dare I say he can even be 80% understood when he speaks now.

2 Likes

His kicking to a leading forward is exquisite. Comfortably the best in the team … you’ve got to go back to rioli I reckon to find someone at McKenna’s level.
And him running into scoring distance, mark it down.
Love this kid … even the heart in mouth moments. Already dangerous across the league, very close to becoming a star

3 Likes

Absolute jet. Love that we have this guy.

2 Likes

Is an absolute joy to watch play footy.

7 Likes

Wears his undies over his tights and has a cape

The most talented Irishman to ever play AFL, Has them all covered.

Almost singlehandedly turned the game for us in Q2 with elite running and elite long and short passing/kicking during this period.

When he runs and carries the ball we almost always score.

As well as kicking that trademark running goal from around 50m (again the goal umpire basically didn’t have to move), had 3 goal assists which I think is the most on the night.

He has few peers in the AFL across HB when it comes to be being able to defend but also attack and deliver into F50 and kicks when the opportunity presents.

4 Likes

can you be AA and still play for Ireland in the International Rules?

6 Likes

Conor is AAA-grade (Almost-All Australian).

4 Likes

Conor should be scouting more Irish talent for us. He would know exactly what it takes.

1 Like

Bloke has huge arms bit of a solid unit

Anyone have any idea what he said to BT in roaming Brian last night? I could hardly understand a word

1 Like

Neither could half the people watching.

1 Like

Need to get this bloke a good aussie girlfriend.

I don’t want him going back to Ireland at the end of his current contract. Dead set gun.

2 Likes

Combines the best traits of Hanley and Touhy into one neat, not so little package

1 Like

Careful all - he is @BakerWasAStar’s love child…!

3 Likes