#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

It auto-incorrected it . Bit of a spud really.

1 Like

Yes. Hardly apeeling. And so forth.

1 Like

Love his shake and bake.

Spoken from experience?

Bad experience.

Named in the 22Under22 40 man squad.

3 Likes

Looking at the under22best22 squad you’d have to think McKenna will make the final team. From where he started, to now be one of elite juniors in a different sport, all before he turns 22…that’s a hell of an effort!

To think we’ve potentially got another 10 years of watching this bloke burn off defenders.

8 Likes

Fantasia must have just missed out due to age?

Other kids that perhaps haven’t reached full potential yet, but may end up better than some of those guys in the squad. Langford, Parish, Francis, Redman, Guelfi, Begley.

We’ve a strong bunch of kids.

He will be 23 before the season ends

great comment

35 Likes

unsubscribe

Have we got rookie B room on our list for another Irish prodigy?

2 Likes

Can’t get a game for saints, says all you need to know.

Actually doesn’t.

Sometimes it aint the Horse, … it’s the Trainer.

5 Likes

It may be both.

Not even sure if you can Cat B a delisted player.

Edit. They probably shouldn’t have played him in the forwardline to begin with. Irish HBFs is kind of a thing for a reason.

I am guessing our list is better placed to help develop someone like him. It would be better if he was from Meath rather than Westmeath. As a prodigy he looks a bit of a fire starter too.

1 Like

Cat B means you haven’t played in a recognised football competition for at least 3 years. He’s been playing VFL, so he wouldn’t be eligible.

3 Likes

Thanks

I’d give him a spot in the VFL team to develop, play him as a small defender or HBF

And then listen to this place go on and on and on about how he is wasting away and being horribly mismanaged by this club.
I’d rather pass.

1 Like