#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

So that means they lied.

How old are you?

2 Likes

No

Example imgaine we find out that McKenna has been injured all pre season right before the season starts you will be ■■■■■■ off

If McKenna has been under an injury cloud and hasnt been able to train fully then say it.

I’m not sure the Hooker example is a good one mate. It’s a couple of weeks.

The Joe one is the obvious one.

They told us that it would be only 6 weeks if I remember correctly.

You could probably add Gleeson to that.

2 Likes

How would telling us about McKenna now or telling us about him in November or March make any difference?
It would make no difference to how they try and rehabilitate him.

You can question the club’s track record for managing injuries if you like, but really whinging about what they tell us, is just sooking for no reason.
It’s annoying that they aren’t more transparent about injuries but they’re under no obligation to tell anyone and all clubs are the same.

1 Like

But, but, but what about our round 1 best 22 predictions!

No, you couldn’t add Gleeson to that. Marty Party had a serious injury, and the club didn’t try to hide it. It was apparent from very early on that he would struggle to get back on the ground in 2018.

1 Like

Yeah, to be honest I can’t recall what timeline they put on it.

I don’t think anyone expected he wouldn’t be returning until mid 2019 like it appears to be now.

Maybe he’s right to go round 1.

Edit: I just looked it up and they estimated 10-12 weeks and that’s from the JLT last year.

Granted it was an uncommon injury so they probably didn’t know exactly what they were dealing with.

1 Like

If the club says nothing, they’re liars.
If they make a prediction or estimate and are wrong, they are liars or incompetent.
The club should tell you to get ■■■■■■.

6 Likes

I had a cold last winter. Went to the doctor and he said “it’s just a cold. You’ll be right in 3 or 4 days”

Well the cold lasted for 5 days. So I made a complaint to AHPRA to have the useless lying ■■■■ struck off.

17 Likes

Was it Early Onset of a cold?
Words are so important to Blitz.

1 Like

Cool analogy.
If you had it for six months you probably should have seen a different doctor.

Andy Murray’s doctor?

Is the Doctor still to blame if you don’t go to him and tell him about the Cold?? :thinking:

Are you serious?
Still with this?
That’s astounding.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Of course. Why?

Because it is an utterly insane proposition.
Being watched over in regular training, let alone games, spectators seeing there’s a problem.

Doctors/fitness staff: ‘You okay there, Joey?’
JD: ‘Yep. (Heh heh heh) Right as rain!’
D/FS: ‘Well, alright then!’ B’doink.

Yeah, that’s exactly how it happens.

Hey, it’s not my theory.

That darn trickster!

He went to the States with Zacka - May have overdone it?

I imagine with the new rule changes that McKenna will be required to do a lot more running off half back than last season. The club might just be giving him a little extra rest. I haven’t heard a whole lot about Saad in the training reports so far either. They’ll probably pick it up over the next couple of weeks. Let’s all just calm down a little.