#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I think the people whinging about injury updates don’t get it.
There is naturally an element of not wanting to give too much away to other clubs with some injuries. Anything they tell us is going to the world. Plus the exact timing of recovery is often not an exact science, so if they say something and it doesn’t go to script people like you whinge further. I can see why they say as little as possible.
Every club does it. Get used to it.

We get a reasonable idea if someone has a problem, from the training reports. Be thankful we have that as a bonus on top of what the club provides.

3 Likes

What a load of ■■■■

4 Likes
  • The club hasnt won a final in over 5000 days.
  • The list is brimming with talent
  • Have a good coaching group

No exuses for a poor season it’s time to deliver.

1 Like

yep - I’m sure most clubs have a good/some idea what’s happening to players at other clubs but there will be stuff they don’t know about and you’d like to keep it that way.

It’s a fine line for clubs to keep the fans engaged and informed and not being beholden to them to tell them everything they want to know.

Personally, I prefer not to be told something about a player than to be told fibs about them.

I’m with you, we need to deliver.

But last year was just as important and next year just the same.

We should be up the pointy end every year

1 Like

Rest assured that Nino would read that thesis & critique the sheet out of it.

1 Like

Anywho

Anyone got the good oil on Conor?

1 Like

you rang?
Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport

3 Likes

It’s none of your business

3 Likes

He has an ongoing issue that is managed, just like Hep and to be honest - many players. The exact details are not, at this stage, public knowledge.

1 Like

@Finding_Nino

Your hysterics generally result in article on the website or twitter the following day so please don’t stop with the ■■■■■■■■ and moaning

1 Like

Nah. They don’t. They result in a few hundred mildly peeved Dons fans, and one thoroughly kicked cat.

2 Likes

I reckon he’s just on a very individual program. He clearly loves Ireland and going home and the club lets him, which impacts his training. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just gets given different fitness work that aligns with the overall plan for him for the next 12+ months and it’s all about him staying happy at Essendon and in Australia. Add on to that a management of a body issue and it may explain the situation.

No.
Nino wouldn’t read the thesis.
Like he doesn’t seem to watch/ read Crowe’s injury updates.
He’d just keep coming on here complaining about being “not told”.

Sorry - he might critique it if Crowe started each update with the words “And now just for Nino … “

Better still, they could actually swap Crowe’s and Nino’s names - like those personalised children’s books.

At the crack of dawn, Nino woke up to the sound of the Tullamarine crow cawing. The calling sign to get dressed and head off to an Essendon training session.

Upon arrival, Nino sensed that something was amiss. The boys looked lethargic. He pulled out his notebook and scribbled his thoughts ‘Season 2019 is officially FUBAR’. Stuffing his notebook in his backpack, Nino continued on towards the change rooms.

Nino spotted Alex in the distance and thought it imperative to share his new found theory on how the 2019 season would evolve. Alex was on the same page as Nino and also held deep reservations as to the likelihood of success, despite it being some time before the first game of the season…

13 Likes

Heppell is a good example. He never seems to train too hard in my opinion. Admittedly I’ve probably been to maybe 4 sessions in 2 years, but he’s always just doing light drills

36 Likes

Haha

10 Likes

The same could be said for every club, every season at this juncture of the year.

1 Like