#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I’m pretty sure they were taking the p*ss about him looking good on the track. One even said yeah Conors looked good over on Etihad (modified group)

1 Like

Conor’s reply to all of those who doubted his mad footy skillz.

p.s. Thanks @CharlieDons for the great photos and videos.

12 Likes

This guy is awesome.

1 Like

Did he do a preseason? Bloke didnt miss a beat. Star

2 Likes

It’s so strange that he is the one guy that I feel absolutely 100% confident when he has the ball, when he his chasing someone, when there’s a need for a player to run past and support. He is always there.

Who would have thought that 3 years ago?

3 Likes

There were a few of us

12 Likes

Yep

Yep he’s a gun

He’s benefited from not growing up just being told to ‘bust packs and kick long’. He’s not just quick, you can see he thinks his way through a pack of players, running at right angles to where he wants to kick it, then catching defenders off guard who thought he would just kick long in the direction he was facing. He’s brilliant and will be responsible for creating two or three goals a game out of nothing this year

It is becoming a badge of honour to chase and catch Conor (Saad too).
Except they don’t catch them.

1 Like

How about that Dustin Martinesq dont argue he pulled out tonight

2 Likes

Four years ago for me…

He and saad are fkg awesome down back. Pleasure to watch

7 Likes

Shame he got to tapped…

McKenna probably our best player for the last 3 quarters.

Tippa our best for the first 3 quarters.

2 Likes

Smokey for the BnF I reckon.

There were 6 quarters?

11 Likes

Conor brings me joy.

3 Likes

My favourite player to watch (although Franga may challenge this year). If he has a 10 year career I reckon he’ll be one of the greats of the club, especially if we have team success in that time.

3 Likes

Franga, McKenna, Saad Fantasia, Walla, Daniher, Stringer

7 compelling reasons to watch Essendon games, each of them make get me out of my seat whenever they have the ball.

4 Likes