#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

If the rumours were true about him being below 100% before the game, he didn’t show it all during the game.

He is incredible.

Challenging Dev for the best two way player at the club.

4 Likes

(apart from a 4 day period leading up to his first breakout game)

I’ve never doubted him.

1 Like

For a guy running at full speed he is a great short passer. So many guys when running flat out end up over kicking the ball when trying to pass it.

His kicks are perfectly weighted

4 Likes

In the last 2 games he is starting to run through the midfield at times. ( wing ) That is why his disposals increased to 25+
Looks like Conor is transitioning into an outside midfielder role

2 Likes

Yep, McKenna (and Saad) have started on the wing at some bounces.

We rotated a LOT of positions today.

6 Likes

Too good to keep out of the play, more midfield minutes and center bounces please…Could be a real wildcard this year if given more opportunity.

1 Like

Problem is we have too many very good half backs. Take the one with the best speed, tank and disposal and move him to the wing. Mckenna is ready to make this change and is being given the opportunity. I like it.

2 Likes

Yep. This is exactly why I keep banging on about him playing on a wing vs Varcoe on ANZAC Day. Redman can shut down De Goey & Irish can run off Varcoe & hurt the Pies offensively.

He has his own highly developed technique for doing this. He hunches down a little and the last couple of steps are shorter and he pulls his passing kick, to get the weighting right.

2 Likes

Redman can’t take Degoey. He would manhandle him so bad the cops would need to be involved.

Ha. Nice analogy, however, I reckon Redman has the size and right amount of agro to stand De Goey.

1 Like

Redman is one of our strongest and most physical players.

He ain’t a skinny kid anymore.

2 Likes

Love him. Still keep thinking when he gets agro, he is going to take a nibble on his opponents.

1 Like

Hurley struggles with DeGoeys power, no way Redman can.

Watching the North replay. This guy is so fkn good. He is the most effective kick in the team with his touch and vision.

As Smooth highlighted - his follow up work and willingness to run both ways is outstanding. Just a wonderful career story unfolding for this young bloke. Is such a powerful unit now too.

3 Likes

@CharlieDons if you’re taking a request, i know @ivan would perform favours for a conor compilation.

2 Likes

I thought we agreed it was your turn this week…

1 Like

@BakerWasAStar wasn’t it?

2 Likes

I love this guy.

3 Likes

I actually think he can and will be in our top 3 players by the end of the year.

Is an absolute freak and is a pure weapon for us

3 Likes