#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Was at the ground and i thought he looked a bit labored today.
Not bad, just not his usual self.
Tired perhaps or carrying something?

Collingwood did very well stifling our game up. Blanketed brown, cut McKenna’s run off a lot.

Keys to their win I believe.

1 Like

i just trauma’d him in panic dollars, so him going out sounds about right.

He ran himself into the ground trying to both defend (which he did really well) and then create and attack (not as clean and acurate as usual and perhaps took one or two risks her shouldn’t have).

Again got 20+ possessions (21) but didn’t use it quite as well as last week. But the Pies were very aware of him and really worked hard to close his space.

Along with Parish, had the 4th equal most number of possessions, playing almost entirely off HB (little time on the wing this week). The fact he could rack up that much - and they weren’t cheap passes back and forth - tells why he looked absolutely spent and labouring at the end.

2 Likes

Seems like he might be earmarked for some more midfield time this week.

1 Like

I just had to post how much I love this Deckham, a simple heart / like doesn’t show the appropriate depth of like

Cheers he is being “earmarked” indeed

1 Like

They should just rest him for Sunday matches. Most Irish people can’t even walk by Sunday.

13 Likes

Big game coming up from Conor tomorrow, I hope.

1 Like

Its great he has developed a bit of a network here. Family members coming out here for extended periods is a big plus to deal with the homesickness issue.

3 Likes

He’s a great player who I still think will only get better and could end up being in our top 5 or so. Like Fantasia and Tippa, I don’t think we should lock him down in one position (down back). His ability to break forward and kick a goal is vital and would keep will keep his opponents on notice if he is allowed to venture forward as he has in the past. He’s strong, quick, smart and talented - the sky is the limit.

1 Like

I think he like Tippa should be given a license to roam. Maybe they have who knows???

ABC News Tonight just did a segment on this. Was good, showed his first goal too.

Still can’t understand much of what Conor says, but love him anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Get an interpreter program on your phone, make it easy on yourself.

1 Like

'ere you go (around the 25min mark)

1 Like

I thought it was considerate of ABC to have him interviewed by their Irish reporter
Saved embarrassing mistranslation

2 Likes

Thanks @magicalcharlie, but watched it last night.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can hardly understand a word he says either.

Just putting it up for others😁

1 Like