#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

first bounce of 3rd quarter if anyone wants to watch.

Was top 3 for us tonight.

5 Likes

23 of those disposals were solos to himself with 100% efficiency.

For reals he was well suited to Hawks tonight and was a champ! To be sure

4 Likes

Last 2-3 weeks he’s been back to his best, which is great to see. His run is something we need to break lines and get us going.

3 Likes

I NEED CLIPS OF THAT PLAY

1 Like

I just love it when he is interviewed. It’s like Brad Pitt in ■■■■■■ (its a movie made by the guy who was once married to Madonna)

Superb tonight

Killed it tonight.

It’s such a shame him and Saad are pigeon-holed into just run and gun players who take risks. Both so good defensively and in the 1-on-1’s and are just your perfect back flankers.

7 Likes

Top draw game.
Was a bit dissapointed he didnt have a shot at goal when up forward, he is such a great kick for goal.
But other than that didnt see a mistake, provided so much run from defence, and like saad just charges in and wins the contest, and even if they fumble they win it back.

1 Like

His kicking was back to his best tonight. Also delivered a really strong overall performance. Some of his intercepts were top draw

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a shame what others think of him. We know.

Although I guess the only shame is that Saad should be in the hunt for All Australian but he probably won’t be

Loved seeing him take them on last night. They had no one that could go with him at all. And he knew it!

2 Likes

Yep, love him. His dash and unpredictability (sometimes even to his team mates!!) is wonderful to watch. He nailed it last night - hope he can do it again next week.

2 Likes

How good was the little Gaelic kick to himself. Loved it!

3 Likes

Thought it was the first time in over a month that he actually looked fit and it showed.

I think the bye did him wonders.

Was brilliant last night.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t mind another defender coming in and McKenna going to a forward flank. We need someone with some dare and willing to take the game on in the next part of the chain up the field. Keep him outside defensive 50 and see what he can muster up.

2 Likes

I’m onboard with this. Imagine him coming at you from outside 50… you wouldn’t know if he was going to go for goal, chip it over your head and back to himself, or run past you.

He’d stuff up plenty, but it’d still be fun to watch

I’m not so sure. One of the problems when he runs it out of HB is that the rest of the team isn’t ready (like that time he supposedly moved ‘too fast’.) Sometimes he seems to kick it early in his run, just so he’s got someone to kick to and can actually dispose of the ball, rather than continue running and end up going past his team mates, and not have anyone to kick to.

At least if he does it running i50, he’s always got the goals to kick to. They don’t get sucked up the ground, even if our forwards do.

3 Likes