#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Have said it before, he’s quick, great kick long and short… I’d hate to be a defender and see him approaching the 50… you wouldn’t know what he was going to do.

I’d put him on a wing/half forward

2 Likes

this interview with jobe has brought me joy.

4 Likes

Fark he was electric tonight.

Brilliant game.

9 Likes

Was in everything. Great game.

That’s last kick to Hooker…couldn’t have been better placed with 3 defenders coming back. Not sure he wasn’t going for goal tho

2 Likes

Just about BOG tonight.

11 bounces and second most metres gained for Essendon (behind Shiel). Only player with McGrath who didn’t have a single turnover.

Absolute weapon.

8 Likes

With the exception of the West Coast game he’s been back to his very, very best - always heart in mouth when he has the ball but he makes things happen!

Honestly wouldn’t think so.

He put the ball exactly where he wanted / intended every time bar once by my reckoning.

Think I called his kicking “sublime” earlier. And I think that was a good call by me, … :smile:

I’d watch the game over just to see every bluddy touch he had tonight again.

2 Likes

when does last night end for some of you blokes?
It’s 2pm the next day and you’re still saying tonight

2 Likes

Not sure if this has had a run yet - https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/posts/704882703283185

1 Like

What a marvelous player he has become. His gut running and acceleration under fatigue late in the game was so impressive - and his foot skills are just chiselling lasers. An amazing Essendon career unfolding from an untried Irish Rookie. Great game tonight Conor.

25 Likes

Has gone from giving up multiple goals a week to creating so many forward drives and tidying up I defence. Love him.

4 Likes

In that final play, he and Franga didn’t panic and got the ball into a position where the forwards could do their thing.

Great work.

10 Likes

Has had a very good month.

1 Like

Conor oozes X-factor and he makes his opponents nervous because they never know what he’s going to do next - he probably doesn’t know either! That goal he kicked today and the take-em-on runs were highlights. Had a large part in that final goal too. I love his interviews especially when he’s excited!

2 Likes

What do you like to do Conor?

17 Likes

How many bounces should you take?

19 Likes

I would love to see this guy play in the middle full time. Not much that he can’t do really.
I would like him to be part of the rotations with Shiel & Merrett.
That good is he

Irish is a specimen. A supreme athlete. Was excellent today. A real defensive/offensive weapon. And when in full flight, he makes footy a real joy to watch.

7 Likes

His career is only just beginning but I feel like he’s already in the top 5 Irish of all time along with Stynes, Kennelly, Tuohy and maybe Colm Begley.

I imagine he’ll be second by the end of his career.

6 Likes