#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

gleeson nonchalantly tapping the ball forward was a thing of beauty.

5 Likes

He also has elite unpredictability too. No-one knows what he is gonna do, not even himself.

3 Likes

I remember Hirdy referring to him as equivalent to a top 10 draft pick. Has turned out exactly as predicted.

5 Likes

McKenna’s handball there was as damaging as any of his kicks.

5 Likes

Got to the G early last week and watched McKenna marking kicks from 40m WITH HIS FOOT.

Freak.

5 Likes

Oh I want a gift of that

Midfield next year. He is too much of a weapon not to be in the thick of it.

1 Like

Agree with all that.

I also noticed he is vastly improving in the air as you say. The contested mark from the kick in, in the dying minuets the week before was a great one. And again yesterday he was great in the air.

Needs to have a better plan other than just outrunning the opposition.

He often ends up tired at the end of a run and stuffs the kick, or he tries to step a player, they don’t really fall for it and then he’s in trouble because his options have disappeared.

Fix that and he will be an even bigger weapon than he already is.

In Conor’s defence by the time he has made he run, he has already gone past most of his passing options and our forward line is usually no where in sight.

1 Like

Is there a player more electrifying than him?

No one runs both ways as much as he does, ■■■■■■■ love him.

4 Likes

Problem is there are often no options up ahead as the fwds are to far up the ground. If we had a well structured fwd line he would be able to kick it earlier.

So you’re saying he needs to slow down?

1 Like

Normally McKenna is a very good shot on the run. Last few weeks he’s missed a few

1 Like

or everyone else needs to think and act faster

Do we have the best group of HB flankers/small defenders in the league? Redman, McKenna, Saad, Ridley, Gleeson and also McGrath who’s excellent in defence

1 Like

Yes we do.

We have a great list. Geez I wish we had Daniher right and playing well.
(actually on output wish we had Tom Lynch or Jezza Cameron. But id rather it being a Daniher putting other sides to the sword)

2 Likes

That handpass in the 3rd to release Fanta into space then to Langford. Just an awesome bit of creative play. Not to mention the multiple efforts to get it in the first place.

5 Likes

Wtf is a Colm Begley? I honestly couldnt tell you who he played for…at least guys like Hanley and Marty Clarke played meaningful football

Anyway, Sean Wight probably deserves a spot in there.

Anyway, I just came in here to profess my love for Conor…serious gun.

1 Like