#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Can you please point me to the nearest safe space? I’m feeling victimised.

4 Likes

I’m lost, … are we saying it’s wrong to discuss the fact that Conor’s broad Irish accent makes him really hard to u/stand at times?

Most Aussies with heavy Okker accents are difficult to u/stand abroad too.

Also,… why we can have a stir & a laugh at each other over it is because we are all supposed to be speaking the same language, that’s why it’s humorous, … whereas Asians (as someone mentioned), etc, … are trying to use a whole new one, which is hard, and they are doing their best with it.

Just my 2 cents,… but I’d think that’s why one might be considered racist,… and one not.

2 Likes

RACIST

BOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

Conor vs the sydney ‘tagging’

3 Likes

fights in Irish

2 Likes

Can you imagine if anyone mocked an aboriginal players accent, lol, they would be fired so fast.

Personally I believe you should be able to say it all, it’s the double standard that amazes me.

My ‘other’ team:

photo Fighting-Irish-Logo.jpg

Having a laugh at an entire populace’s accent in their first language if it differs from yours in using the same language = ok.

Having a laugh at an individual’s accent who is using a language that is not their native tongue, no matter how familiar with or surrounded by it they may be = hey now, you better be sure that person is cool with the mocking.

1 Like

I find people on here hard to understand.

4 Likes

You’re not the Lone Ranger on that score FB.

MrJez, beat me to it. Agreed English is a second language for the Irish, so it is rude to criticise him for not having perfect English pronunciation.

Anyway, we Australians actually speak Strine, Australians do not speak R.P. which is the official non regional English language pronunciation, which originated in England.

Who are we , Australians to criticise him?

2 Likes

I looked up ‘strine’.
Then my goldfish mind got distracted by this image. I don’t know what it is, but thought it amusing.

1 Like

W T F are threads turning into these days. Any danger of talking about fkn footy?

14 Likes

The oldies complain about school holidays. but this is far worse.

4 Likes

Oldies dont know how the internet works, they are fkn useless.

3 Likes

You and Barnz need to get a fkn room

1 Like

Maybe a tlkn room?

1 Like

No no, I did mean ‘fkn room’.

2 Likes

I am 50% Irish genetically, but I dont give a fark about Ireland tbh. I have some Irish friends who emigrated and felt homesick, so they went back after a few years and then re-emigrated and have lived here ever since ( like 40 years ) when they realised the homesickness was an emotional issue that defied logic. Its a common pattern with immigrants , I believe. But theres no doubt if Conor feels homesick, thats real, and its something he will deal with one way or another.

Do you eat a lot of potatoes?