#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Fri night can’t come soon enough

I just can’t work out who’s right…??? HAP, or our Coaches?

This should be a poll.

1 Like

OK, lets get back on topic. Conor. Based on successful tactics of targeting Johanissen to shut him down, will Sydney try it with Conor ?

If they do, will our players fly the flag for him, and perhaps more importantly will Conor resist the temptation to retaliate in an "extravagant " way.

I wonder if with Langford it’s as much about building his confidence as a mid than how to play mid.

Chances on him copping a 2-3 week suspension for clocking someone in the head.

1 Like

No. Seriously it’s about consistency.
And he is doing beautifully.

5 Likes

I’ve loved what Conor’s given us over the past few weeks but hope we can still play alright if he lowers his colours. he’s not Joe or Zach (yet)…

If I were Sydney, I’d target Zerret & JoeDan. Really rough 'em up. They are the new heart & soul.

1 Like

Yer…so ?

Nah, they’ll target Merrett, as they should. We can definitely still win if you restrict McKenna’s run, we cannot win if Merrett has 15 touches.

Certainty.
Equally, we should be bashing 7 shades of ■■■■ out of Callum Mills.

2 Likes

I’d also be targetting Bud if we had the right player to do so. He basically towels us every time so it’s like you’re risking firing him up to have a bigger game than he will likely have. But if you can get under his skin he’s liable for a complete brain fade followed by dropping his bundle and having no impact.
Sadly, we don’t have that player available with Ambrose pretty much cooked for the year.

Honestly, I think that whole ‘annoying him just makes him play better’ thing is garbage.
Not just about Franklin.

1 Like

to be sure…

Didn’t Conor and Buddy have a bit of a contretemps last year?
Or am I just imagining Conor’s probable reaction to Buddy’s "I am the greatest shtick "?

Coaches are always right, see: Essendon Football Club circa 2003 - 2016

4 Likes

Especially 2012…

1 Like

Blitz is always right, see: Bomberblitz website circa 2003-2016 (but only the posts that support what actually happened, and take out the bits you don’t need).

2 Likes

I can’t believe you’ve done this, you’ve ruined my weekend.

Fixed??