#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Surely pretty much everyone is on the bandwagon at this point.

3 Likes

Conor ■■■■■■■ Mckenna!

OK, let me try that again.

Conor BOOBIES Mckenna!

1 Like

Did he break or dislocate a finger at the end?

I see there was no sarcastic comeback from portable mink, I mean blood stains to this gem.
spot on, the coaches can do no wrong, except for the 17 odd coaches every year that um yeah do.

Looked like he was calling a trainer to come help him with it… which had me thinking dislocation…

if only he dislocated it punching mills the ■■■■ out.

2 Likes

That goal was farkin awesome.

4 Likes

Every time he had it in his hands.

I was thinking ‘thank f*ck’

1 Like

Love him. He’s still learning but he’s on track to becoming a serious weapon off HB.

1 Like

I was furious at him. Didn’t look like he even gave a ■■■■ about Josh Kennedy running away from him, football in hand, with about 2 minutes left.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he had a hand injury at the time, looked in a bit of distress

Well I know my hands affect how I run, so that checks out.

Funny. I was more ■■■■■■ off that Howlett coughed up the footy straight to Kennedy, when all he had to do was hold on to the fuggin thing and re-set for a stoppage. Take your point on McKenna being slow to react, though. But still.

7 Likes

even if he gave up a freekick, it eats time and allows teammates to set up.

I’ll get flamed for this but my criticism about his defensive abilities still stands. Not in the “zones” and “learning the game” sense either. Just fkn belt ■■■■■ FFS. Why does he have this ridiculous tendency for the feeble bump when he should be tackling and ripping blokes to the ground (or at least trying)? It cost us once today. Another time someone was running into goal 10 metres out. Connor had <5% chance of the run down tackle/affecting the kick but he still at least had to make the bloke earn it. Every other player on the ground from either team would have seen the guy pulled to ground after having kicked the goal.

I don’t think it’s a hardness thing… it’s just weird and it needs work

Yeah I was reasonably drunk by that point and missed that fact that he had a hurt his hand, Swans were looking like running over us and I was fuming at that passage.

Even with hand injury I’m still pretty annoyed. Ruins what I thought was a nice game by him otherwise.

Lapse in concentration, distracted by finger issue. Obviously expected a ball up but it spilled out and Swans then got it fwd with him caught napping.

1 Like

I reckon he still is unsure (in the heat of battle) what he can get away with and what he can’t. He’s given away many a free kick that seemed to baffle him at the time. It’s not instinctive, yet.

2 Likes

Woosha said he had dislocated his finger that’s why he looked passive in that play

1 Like

Conor says for you to shut up.

3 Likes