#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Ripping win etc etc but what the fark was wrong with McKenna’s kicking tonight. You’d be embarrassed by one of those clangers but he had half a dozen.

He is spoken of as being an excellent kick. I have seen it at times. Have we all been drinking the koolaid?

Half a dozen? Pleez

6 Likes

I counted only two. Gave a lot of important run early and kicked a critical goal.

2 Likes

■■■■ off

2 shockers, not half a dozen
He would have set up about 5 goals tonight and kicked one himself

6 Likes

Hi. Keep it civil, please.

You are wrong. You will realise this when you sober up and watch it again.

Whether it is 4 or 8 or exactly 6, the point is that he missed his target and turned it over far too often, including some genuine face-palm-worthy howlers.

Fkg lol

2 Likes

News flash-
Half back flankers turn the ball over. McKenna is one of the best kickers in the team.

5 Likes

umm, no

1 Like

Thanks for your contribution.

Zaka and Merrett in back to back interviews on Fox just said Conor’s the best attacking kick in the team, Zaka after being asked about him, Merrett unprompted.

Definitely had a few absolute shockers tonight though.

McKenna 5 clangers

Zerret 7 clangers
Zaka 5 clangers
Heppel 8 clangers

2 Likes

Worst in the team woo woo

Those glangers really killed us

McKenna had a couple of spazz kicks but when he gets it right we go coast to coast

Most of his kicks are lace out bullets. Not too worried about the odd shocker, the good out weighs the bad considerably.

5 Likes

20 disposals
18 kicks
2 handpass
8 marks
5 Rebound 50’s
2 Inside 50’s
1 goal
1 goal assist

8 Likes

Deport.

8 Likes

Stood under that highball as well.

Developing very well.

Someone get me that interview now

1 Like

That may be true. In fact, I still basically believe it is true.

But it does not change the fact that his kicking really let him down tonight. It was noted by one of the commentators (Tim?) that he is “good for one of those every match”, but tonight it was far ore than just one.

And excusing it by appealing to the law of averages is spurious. Inside midfielders can be forgiven imprecise disposal. For HBFers with zero contested possessions (check the stats), you need to be at least aspiring to a clean sheet.

Case in point: Hurley’s DE was 100%. McKenna’s was 65%, second worst for Essendon on the night, with 5 recorded clangers.

We won by over 10 goals who gives a ■■■■ if he had a clanger or 2

5 Likes