#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Is one of the highest upside talents we’ve ever had at the club IMO.

He’ll do 3-4 things a game where you go: “Wow, this kid is going to be special.” And then another one or two where you go: “Aarrrggghhhh, crap!”

But he always looks to take the game on and break the game apart and create for his teammates. For the past 3 years we have been one of the most stagnant and boring teams to watch that you have to give him props because I reckon he will turn into the best half back in the league some time soon.

His skill and vision is only going to get even better as time goes on and he almost has an unlimited ceiling at this point because no one really knows just how good he is going to be, probably including himself, but he is going to naturally progress and mature as the years go on and only get even better.

Look at Gleeson this year. Look at the difference a season can make.

James Kelly would be a magnificent role model and leader for the likes of young McGrath and Conor down there in the backline.

This kid is getting better every week.

13 Likes

sometimes it looks like he thinks he’s playing gaelic, and it is the most ridiculously amazing thing you’ll see

othertimes, it looks like he thinks he’s playing gaelic, and it is the most ridiculously horrible thing you’ll see

he’ll remove the one goal a game turnover possession don’t you worry about that

great goal

Was brilliant tonight

1 Like

Yay?

What interview was this? And what happened?

Apparently conor and his brothers were on it. idk. need it. haven’t seen.

Great post. I’m gonna watch the game again and watch mckenna only and enjoy myself…like an amusement parlour.

1 Like

Stood up and drilled that steadying goal when the team needed. Still can’t sing for ■■■■

3 Likes

Hie improvement along with Belly have been two reasons for the change in the team style and performance over the last 2 months. Having the pace at the back is so important.

2 Likes

Didn’t want to celebrate the goal (with Myers?) in the slightest. In fact I reckon he brushed him off like he was in a grumpy mood or it was no big deal (anyone do a gif?)

And with the team song, it looked like he thought the whole thing was a bit naff. Do they sing team songs in Gaelic footy after a win?

And with regards to his clangers, attacking HBF’s like him & Gleeson take the game on & go for high risk/high reward kicks. I love it, but they are always exposed to either get run down from behind, or their kicks might miss their mark. Better than a sideways chip any day of the week.

1 Like

One of the most exciting players in the League, never quite know what’s going to happen. Can only get better with more experience.

1 Like
10 Likes

1 did, kicked it straight to a Saint at about 50 out. Not sure they scored from it but they should have.

Yer man Conor like, he’s gas, gave it socks like. Dem Saints wis bogtrottin like, sheeite. Absolutely fooking brueetal!

3 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/hoayFII.gif

Vale Dylan Roberton’s ankles

17 Likes

His brush off of Myers is amusing, you don’t see that often.

2 Likes

Delightful Connor goal! Love the way he conned the defender.

Traumatised from being tackled by him vs richmond.

2 Likes

Wonder of one of his clangers was the kick to colyer in the 2nd?

kick was fine colyer made a mess of it.