#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

You almost overlook the few errors for the fact that he is our best line breaker. It’s like the floor is lava and he is running away from it. He knows how to get through a sticky situation and get the ball to someone.

Our whole backline plays like that.

We’re building something special here.

He didn’t want a bar of the man-love.

1 Like

Watching my boy’s run off the ball.

I think he really understands the offensive movements we’re trying to set up.

It just so happens our smartest player on the field (darcy) alsofilled the void. however this doesn’t deny the hard work off the ball he does by running about twice as far as anyone else on screen at the time.

Colyer kicks to heppell who has a shot and misses but the movement off the ball and with the ball was sublime.

basically sign me up channel 9 cricket commentary team, i can draw circles around players and directions,

6 Likes

Barnz is David King?

6 Likes

Not if Langford ends up like Melksham.

1 Like

Haven’t quoted stats other people analysed yet mate.

Still hope for me.

wow

Bird.
And he’s a good size, isn’t he?

1 Like

Hang on…did you just draw lines and talk about someone’s effort and running??

I don’t think Langford is a mid. We invested many games into Melksham, some good, many not so good. Top 10 pick, how did that go for us?

Ahhh ok, there it is.

Champion data™

I agree, for what its worth. The forward will have a better career forward. I think him and Lav on opposite HFFs would be lethal.

1 Like

#repeatsprints.
#topsprintspeed
#tinyarms

QQ.

How does Conor have:
20 Disposals
14 possessions (0 contested, 14 uncontested)

???

kickouts?

Yep. Brilliant. Thank you.

Hurley is the same.

I remember him taking an intercept mark that probably got graded as uncontested, but it was in the middle of a group of players in the D50, and it is worth a lot more than contested possesions

2 Likes

Bingo. High risk high reward. Very often you see McKenna and to be fair a lot of our guys ignore the easy kick down the line to pick a target in the corridor that might allow us kamikaze link up play through the guts. On a dry fast track it’s worth the risk. In slippery conditions not so much. You take the odd stuff up. Who thought we looked good early in the last when we went a bit more stagnant and predictable?

I reckon he should spend some quality time with Diesel Williams. This young bloke has the potential to get better and better with the right mentoring.

1 Like